Ode to squirrel works - the 3d printed tardis rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexzogh

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Getting good at printing 3d rockets.... some may think it's cheating.... same amount of work, just in front of a computer instead of in the garage :>

I was checking out Squirrel Works site, and ran across the Call Box rocket (plug for the original here: https://www.squirrel-works.com/catalog/callbox/callbox.html). Thought it would be an interesting cad challenge.

20131105_102001_display_large.jpg

20131105_093206_display_large.jpg

Getting good at printing 3d rockets.... some may think it's cheating.... same amount of work, just in front of a computer instead of in the garage :>

(snip great pic of orange call box)
Have you weighed it? Any idea how it compares to the Squirrel Works Call Box? That is, do you need a bigger motor? Or is it light enough to fly on a D12-3?

Doug

I know... I should have used blue filament.....

Mine weighs in at almost a pound. I have no idea what the squirrel works weighs. It's not obvious from the photo, but it takes two cantilevered 24mm motors. I will likely use 2 cti motors once I fill the top with shot.

Nope... the SquirrelWorks Metropolitan Police Box that I have here only works on a single 24mm. I will see if i can weigh it when i can find the scales.
546491_3375022814432_1707028279_n.jpg

Back