Northeast Florida Association of Rocketry (NEFAR) - Record August Attendance

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadebox

Roger Smith
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
In Florida in early August it is hot. It is hot and muggy. And it almost always rains. It almost always storms. A Saturday in early August in Florida is a good day to think about going to the beach, but not to really go to the beach. It is a good day to stay home and savor air conditioning turned low enough to fog your windows with condensation. Instead, a bunch of us stood out in a sod farm watching rockets.

[video=youtube;s64lh4Ed0P0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s64lh4Ed0P0[/video]

With a forecast of hot weather and thunderstorms, I didn't expect very many people to attend. I arrived a half hour earlier than usual (for me) expecting to get a good space near the LCO. Instead, I ended far out at one end if the flight line.

The rain, though, stayed away and it was a great day for flying.

-- Roger

Really cool footage using the quad and nicely edited. Well done!

Hay Roger July was worse. I was really surprised of how big the turn out was. Had a great time and as usual your videos are awesome. Plan on going next month and maybe go over for the Buccaneer Blast the following weekend in Plant City. See you next month.

Latest posts

Back