non-standard nosecone time of the year

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwattles

Reaction score
Some may call it Lent, others springtime (autumn in the southern hemisphere), but here in the US, it's time for non-standard nosecones!

All you have to do is walk down the aisles of just about any variety store and you'll find plastic easter eggs of all sizes. Most of these can be converted into nosecones for non-standard tubes, and are usually nicely colored and very smooth.

Buy 'em now, or wait until after Easter and get them when they go on clearance sale!

WW

there was an article in Sport Rocketry titles "egg on 3 sporks" trhat uses them! I am thinking about making a few of these :)

Ben

Originally posted by ben
there was an article in Sport Rocketry titles "egg on 3 sporks" trhat uses them! I am thinking about making a few of these :)

Ben

Oh, these things are just *begging* for a mass launch :D

Originally posted by jflis
Oh, these things are just *begging* for a mass launch :D

NARAM 2008 in VA Maybe I can get our club to do a 1000 mass launch ;)

Ben

Got to get me some of dem eggs, man.

Wait... did I hear that NARAM will be in Virginia in '08? What?

ANd...okay, what IS "NARAM?" (asks the newbie)

K

Originally posted by Karl Rocket
Got to get me some of dem eggs, man.

Wait... did I hear that NARAM will be in Virginia in '08? What?

ANd...okay, what IS "NARAM?" (asks the newbie)

K

yes and National Association of Rocketry Anual Meeting.

Ben

I found a pack of plastic candy containers shaped like chicks (the fowl type). I've got one glued to the top of a chopped nosecone for a rocket I've dubbed "Chicks Love Speed". I have four others and am thinking of even more twisted ideas. Like a Der Red Chix or the like. I'll post some pics soon.

Back