New rocket design

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soujiro

Reaction score
I made this from a single piece of 8 1/2 x 11 paper. It uses an A10-PT estes engine. I figured it might work since I reduced it down to as little as possible: no body tube, no recovery system, no nose cone. All it is is a set of triangular fins slighlty angled so an engine fits in between them at the bottom. Unfortunately when I tested it it went maybe 20 ft high and tumbled the whole way. Anyone else tried something like this with more succesful results? (I don't have any pics because the file size is too big).

do a google search on GIMP: it is a free graphics application. I use it to do simple graphic work and to clip pictures to post. You can take the pic, cut and paste the part of the pic you want to post, and when you save it as a jpg you can review how big it is going to be before you save it. It is pretty cool.

Actually I decided to try a paper rocket after seeing https://www.appleartwhite.com/ 's pyramid design.

As you will see I coulnd't get GIMP to work so I just put this together with Microsoft Draw. At least you can see the shape. So now what do you think?

You can always try out sketchup which makes somewhat 3d models.

Photofilre but i dont think this is what your looking for. (i believe its like gimp)

Originally posted by Soujiro
I made this from a single piece of 8 1/2 x 11 paper. It uses an A10-PT estes engine. I figured it might work since I reduced it down to as little as possible: no body tube, no recovery system, no nose cone. All it is is a set of triangular fins slighlty angled so an engine fits in between them at the bottom. Unfortunately when I tested it it went maybe 20 ft high and tumbled the whole way. Anyone else tried something like this with more succesful results? (I don't have any pics because the file size is too big).

anothe easy/ quick way to reduce is.

right click on your photo, selct edit. when the pic comes up go to image in the tool bar. select strerch/skew. then input how much you want to "stretch the pic" for typicle camera pics or phone pics i use 50% (both legnth and width) then resave ( do save as. and rename if you dont want to loose the original) wahla.. your file is smaller. if its still to big try another 5 or 10% the second time,

by the way cant wait to see it, i love cones, pyramids, and"finless " rockets

Back