New parachute test run #4

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exactimator

Reaction score
I received my new nine foot parachute I ordered during Rocketman's BF sale.

I had it shipped to my office because I didn't want to wait until I got home to check it out. Problem was it was too large to fully open and check without gathering a bunch of attention.

So I took it home and cleared a running area and told my kids to run as fast as they could while holding the chute. I stood by and took photos and video.

Test run #4 was my favorite. You'll want to make sure your speakers are turned up.

Next time I'll clear a wider space.

[video=youtube;irCiFH2bNxc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irCiFH2bNxc[/video]

yikes! any damage to the chute? by the way, how are the rocketman chutes measured? is it 9ft per side of the square, 9ft corner to corner, or 9ft over the top?

yikes! any damage to the chute? by the way, how are the rocketman chutes measured? is it 9ft per side of the square, 9ft corner to corner, or 9ft over the top?

The chute's absolutely fine. It has a pretty rugged tubular webbing border around the edges of the nylon (which continues past the bottom of the canopy and turns into shrouds).

The table was small with a bunch of their plastic toys on it. I figure the chute will see worse when the rocket comes down into desert sand and brush. The video makes me laugh because of all the ruckus it makes. It was my fault for not giving her more room.

I believe it's measured 9 ft over the top. Definitely not corner to corner.

It's for a 12 lb rocket. I double-checked to make sure it fit into the payload bay of one of my existing 4" rockets, and it does.

The problem is I'm not exactly sure how to fold it.

Back