• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale New Ohaus Triple Beam Balances - 0.1 gram accuracy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsdemar

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased several of these from Fisher Scientific for a project and have 4 of them new in the box with warranty, never used.
Very accurate, no batteries!, no warm-up time and no drift.

This precision scale is listed for $270 retail.
I'm offering them for less than half price, including shipping: $125.00 each.
Make an offer for all 4 if you need them for students.

https://www.fishersci.com/shop/products/triple-beam-balances/02034
https://us.ohaus.com/en-us/products...scales-balances/triple-beam-700-series/750-s0

1714757952129.png

Last edited:
I love these. Have 2 for over 30 years. Used them for years at work while building the Shuttles and Atlas birds. Good for three part paints, epoxies, foams and fastener mass properties for back of the envelope calcs (does anybody do that anymore?). I think they are indispensable for pyrotechnics work. These are bulletproof workhorses. Good price, jump on it!

Boy do these take me back! Had to use them in high school and during my first teaching job in eastern PartsUnknown.

FWIW you can increase the capacity to up to 2.61 kg. Had to do this at that job because it was a poor college.
  • Make a 500.0 g and a 1000.0 g weight (plastic cups filled with sand work fine). They must be accurate to 0.1g.
  • Start with the 500.0 g weight on the pan.
  • Construct a variable weight (call it "Clyde") that can hang on the little silver tab (a second tab is not visible) to the right of the 0-10g bar. A pill bottle or similar, with lead shot, screws, whatever, and a small cup hook on it. It will weigh much less than 500 g because physics. ;)
  • Adjust Clyde until the balance...balances. (Make Clyde slightly underweight, then maybe drip some mixed epoxy on him until it balances.)
  • Repeat, making two variable weights (Herbert and Hubertine) with the 1000.0 g weight.
  • Hang Clyde for 1.11 kg capacity; Herbert for 1.61 kg; Clyde and Herbert for 2.11 kg, and Herbert and Esmerelda for 2.61 kg. There are other ways to do this, of course.
You can buy the weights separately but hey, you're a rocket scientist! You MAKE things!
And remember: if you're planning to use the last of your AP after a Soviet Rooshian EMP, you'll need one of these!:D

I still have 2 of the 4 triple-beam balanced left.
If anyone has an educational use for one, PM and make an offer. 👨‍🏫

Back