New Motor Certified - AeroTech O6000W-P

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnly

Reaction score
AeroTech O6000W Test Results

AeroTech O6000W
Single Use Composite
Propellant Mass: 22,000 grams
Dimensions: 152 mm x 1120 mm
Delay: Plugged-No Tracking Smoke
Total Impulse: 39,620 Newton seconds
Peak Thrust: 9,564 Newtons
Burn Time: 6.77 seconds
Average Thrust: 5,853 Newtons

Test documents and data attached.

Attachments

• AeroTech_O6000W_2023-11-15_TestReport.pdf
    163.3 KB · Views: 6
Finally, I will be able to fly myself to the moon.

That looks like an impressive motor. When it says “single use”, is this a fully factory-assembled single-use motor with no required hardware? If so, that’s kind of cool. What’s the MSRP? Dollars roughly equal to max thrust in Newtons?

Finally, I will be able to fly myself to the moon.

That looks like an impressive motor. When it says “single use”, is this a fully factory-assembled single-use motor with no required hardware? If so, that’s kind of cool. What’s the MSRP? Dollars roughly equal to max thrust in Newtons?
It's fully assembled and has to ship 1.3 explosive. You're actually roughly correct about the cost.

The Aerotech O5500 with 21384 newtons total impulse which is a 98mm motor costs $2999.00

This one is an O6000 with almost double the impulse at 39620 newtons total impulse but its a 152mm motor. I'd be very interested to see what it costs beyond guesses.

Brad

Isn't the entire 152mm series used in "the real world" and not originally made for hobbyists? Or do I have that wrong?

Isn't the entire 152mm series used in "the real world" and not originally made for hobbyists? Or do I have that wrong?
The CTI Pro150 O8000 was originally designed as a UAV booster. It's closer to 160mm in diameter. The 152mm standard for EX, Loki, and AT comes from the off-the-shelf availability of 6" aluminum tubing. The CTI reloadable hardware for the full O8000 is more expensive to machine and is type 3 hardcoat anodized.

The CTI Pro150 O8000 was originally designed as a UAV booster. It's closer to 160mm in diameter. The 152mm standard for EX, Loki, and AT comes from the off-the-shelf availability of 6" aluminum tubing. The CTI reloadable hardware for the full O8000 is more expensive to machine and is type 3 hardcoat anodized.
Not sure what they charge, but doesn’t CTI rent the O8000 hardware to the flyer

Yeah, but they'd want it back, wouldn't they? Chances are pretty good that it would never be seen again...
From their website:
"The Pro150� O8000 is the largest industry certified high power rocket motor on the market today.
Due to the high cost of the motor hardware, and the limited number of hardware sets liable to be available for loan or rent through normal channels, Cesaroni Technology Incorporated offers a hardware rental program through its dealers. When placing an order for a Pro150� reload kit through your dealer, the dealer may order from us a set of rental hardware to be delivered with the reload kit. The rental hardware will be packaged with the reload. The hardware must be thouroughly cleaned and shipped back to CTI freight prepaid as soon as possible. Additional details will be available from your CTI motor dealer."

I would think that if you loose it, you bought it. That would only be right.

Last edited:
Back