New Micro Maxx Model

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, Rick dropped them off yesterday before the Open Build Night. Pretty neat little kit.

Those little micro rocs are fun to build and fly!

I don't have this little guy yet, though.

It's good to see another company making them, as there are only a couple of companies that do make micro kits, at least to what I remember from a couple of years ago.

It's good to see another company making them, as there are only a couple of companies that do make micro kits, at least to what I remember from a couple of years ago.
With the comebacks of Fliskits and Leading Edge, soon there will be at least four:
1. Erockets
2. Aerospace Speciality Products (only 1 or 2)
3. Leading Edge
4. Fliskits (hopefully, no word about the MMX line yet)

With the comebacks of Fliskits and Leading Edge, soon there will be at least four:
1. Erockets
2. Aerospace Speciality Products (only 1 or 2)
3. Leading Edge
4. Fliskits (hopefully, no word about the MMX line yet)
Wow, really?! I only knew of Quest and Fliskits as of a couple of years ago..

I've been out of rocketry for a while, so I've missed some new updates.

Like when I was surprised to see the new TRF forum, and to see that Jim Flis retired from Fliskits...

Wow, really?! I only knew of Quest and Fliskits as of a couple of years ago..

I've been out of rocketry for a while, so I've missed some new updates.

Like when I was surprised to see the new TRF forum, and to see that Jim Flis retired from Fliskits...
Welcome back, Ben. Yeah, the old Fliskits site was my go to vendor for kits and parts. Around the time that Jim announced he was closing I saw Erockets introducing a half dozen MMX kits. Leading Edge apparently reopened a couple of months ago, didn't know about that until I accidentally saw a thread about one of their night rockets. ASP has discontinued all their micro kits save one. And Quest is still selling their plastic bricks with their starter sets. I only buy the MMX motors from them. Disappointing since they originated the Micro Maxx concept.
I like 'em all, from micro to mid power. Cheers.

Welcome back, Ben. Yeah, the old Fliskits site was my go to vendor for kits and parts. Around the time that Jim announced he was closing I saw Erockets introducing a half dozen MMX kits. Leading Edge apparently reopened a couple of months ago, didn't know about that until I accidentally saw a thread about one of their night rockets. ASP has discontinued all their micro kits save one. And Quest is still selling their plastic bricks with their starter sets. I only buy the MMX motors from them. Disappointing since they originated the Micro Maxx concept.
I like 'em all, from micro to mid power. Cheers.
Thank you!
Just checked out the erockets micro rockets, and they look pretty cool.

As I recall, I don't really remember hearing about erockets, are they a newer company?

They seem to have a good website with a TON of rocket kits and parts, though, and they may become my go-to!

I order from erockets all the time. They are one of the few, if only, vendors for parts for the classic models of yesteryear. With the acquisition of Semroc a few years ago they have a full range of parts for both Estes and Centuri oldies.

Put this kit together yesterday. Majority of the parts are 3D printed plastic, so this would be the "E2X" of MicroMaxx kits. Decals are self adhesive and tiny. Fortunately they give you extras in case you drop and lose one.
Mouse and Fliskits Traffic Cones there for comparative scale.
IMG_20190209_233534.jpg

Back