New launch pad and last look at a rocket.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doggonewild

Reaction score
Finally tried out a prototype of a new launch pad. Thanks to qquake2k and McKailas Dad for the sawhorse and drill chuck ideas, at least their posts were the first ones that I read where I came across them. Fully swings to horizontal one way to accept tall rockets on a 1/4 inch rod, and about to 20 degrees toward the side with the ceramic blast deflector. Can't see the deflector in the picture because it isn't in place yet. Whole thing sets up in under a minute, but the sawhorse does have some sharp edges I need to take care of. I might put a swivel on the head of the thing, I found uneven ground kept me from being precise on adjusting launch angles. Up until then, I just figured, turn the sawhorse.

The rocket, which I called The Silver Rocket, was chosen to go first as it had a kink in the body in a bad place. It was just a matter of time for her. *Sob* She went up way higher on a B6-4 than I thought she would straight and true, and the wind up above was blowing E to W, very unusual for here. It showed from the S on the ground. Into the trees, brush, and swamp she drifted, never to be seen again. Definately showed my rustiness on launching. Almost 17 good flights after that, except for my buddie's Wizard on a B6-6. Our middle-aged eyes just couldn't follow her.

launcher.jpg

Back