Neubaurer Super Tube Kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMRR

Reaction score
Just a few short impressions of the new Neubaurer Super Tube kit (only sold through Discount Rocket <- link right to the Super Tube)

It is based on a 2.6" airframe and stands 47" tall. It has a very unique nose cone and (6) tube fins in pairs.

Instructions were okay (you would want to have some experience) and components all fit good and nice quality. Shockcord is 1/2" black elastic and a plastic parachute which you have to tie the shroud lines on.

It flies on 24mm and says it can go on D12-3's. My unpainted rocket weighs 9.5 ounces so we will see. I haven't built up a RockSim yet, but I will.

It is a very straightforward rocket to build, but the uniqueness comes from this nose cone. Just not sure how I'm going to finish it.

All-in-all, so far, it is a fun kit and I'm looking forward to flying it ... on a D12-3!

Regards,
Nick

nb_super_tube01.jpg

nb_super_tube02.jpg

That is an *interesting* looking rocket. Separated tube fins and the distinctive nose cone really set it apart.

Can't wait to read a flight report !!

Thanks for sharing.

- Ken

This is a cool looking kit, its just hard for me to look at all those tubes without thinking of stuffing motors in them!!! :D

hey cutt, I was thinking the same thing!!!!.....what a great cluster!!!!...but then you would need more tube fins:D

Back