NERRF6 -- June 25, 26, 27 -- Pine Island, NY

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody have details on this rocket with the massive flame from Jim's album?

dsc08484.jpg

On sunday around noon (give or take an hour), someone launched mid to high powered 2 stage rocket. I think it was a black brant 2 stage, or one that looked like one. I was wondering, b/c that was one awesome flight. Perfect seperation, the second stage took off perfecftly. You couldnt ask for a better flight.

That was a WAC Corporal with Tin Tim Booster.

You do mean this rocket?

JD

On sunday around noon (give or take an hour), someone launched mid to high powered 2 stage rocket. I think it was a black brant 2 stage, or one that looked like one. I was wondering, b/c that was one awesome flight. Perfect seperation, the second stage took off perfecftly. You couldnt ask for a better flight.

Wac1cr.jpg

Last edited:
Jim can you send me these two pictures please. [email protected] The first one is of our American Solar Clipper on a 5 grain 54mm red motor and the second one is our Green Goblin on a 4 grain 54mm Dark Wing motor

dsc08593.jpg

dsc08359.jpg

The rocket coming down on the chute is my 3" Diameter rocket named "The Goon." It had just flown on a 29-450 I250 WL clone with apogee deploy.

dsc08356.jpg

The rocket coming down on the chute is my 3" Diameter rocket named "The Goon." It had just flown on a 29-450 I250 WL clone with apogee deploy.

Yep, that's one's near the beginning of my photo album (about 20% in). Photo credits please, folks... (it's really all I ask :) ).

I can't remember is I was trying to get the launch shot and missed, capturing the returning rocket by accident, OR if I was trying to get a recovery photo and that darned rocket boosted through the shot... LOL It *is* an interesting shot though... :)

jim

Yep, that's one's near the beginning of my photo album (about 20% in). Photo credits please, folks... (it's really all I ask :) ).

I can't remember is I was trying to get the launch shot and missed, capturing the returning rocket by accident, OR if I was trying to get a recovery photo and that darned rocket boosted through the shot... LOL It *is* an interesting shot though... :)

jim

It is an interesting shot. I'm not positive, since I think I saw another with a similarly painted V2, but I think the butt end of rocket was my 7.6" V2 on an EX Red Star K800 motor.

jim

Sorry Jim, I was attempting to identify stuff and failed to mention it was your picture.

Sorry Jim, I was attempting to identify stuff and failed to mention it was your picture.

Dan, not a problem (really) :) just staying on top of things. I once had almost and entire photo album reproduced on another web site with no credit given so I sometimes get a bit sensitive... Plus it's been HOT around here lately and I'm a bit off my feed... LOL

So Jim...you think it has been HOT here?!?!?!?!?! :eyepop:

YIKES is it ever warm!! Yesterday was the first day I skipped a planned bike ride because of heat. It was just too miserable to do anything.

Great pics Jim!!!

Anybody have details on this rocket with the massive flame from Jim's album?

I believe that's my PML Tethys on a vintage Rocketflite H220 Silver Streak. A bit hard to tell but seems to have the right shape and colorings.

I believe that's my PML Tethys on a vintage Rocketflite H220 Silver Streak. A bit hard to tell but seems to have the right shape and colorings.

Yes , that was yours. I was co-RSO when you brought it up. That was my first silver streak motor to see launched.
Very nice. Great flight.

Back