Need some help with Rocsim 10

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tfish

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
When I go to choose an engine only 10 engines are displayed. I have it set for Aerotech 54mm... I'm looking for the J135...
I had a couple of high school kids learning to us it...

see photo and sim file attached.

rocsim 10 issue.png

Tony

Attachments

• enzotaylor.rkt
    445.7 KB · Views: 0
It is a glitch with the eng file. If you do only match diameter and smaller it shows up.

The inside dia of the tube is wrong. it should be 2.140 for LOC tubing. If you change it, the motor shows up with just matching existing size

haven't had to do that before..
but it does add to the choices..There are only 3 J motors still.

rocsim2.png

Tony

@DragonRocketry
tried changing it to 2.140" still limited choices...

then replaced with LOC MT ...which shows 2.140" ID..still limited choices.

new sim attached

Tony

Attachments

• enzotaylor.rkt
    445.1 KB · Views: 0
what's the path to look at the engines(motors) it's going to for my choices.

I thought it was going to an old eng data base I use for Research...but I just deleted (moved it off this laptop) it...and it still showing a short list of motors.

Tony..,,,check trash can now for missing motors...

This is the full path to mine. It is a little tricky to get to because the appdata folder is hidden and you will need to go to the view tab and select Hidden Items in the menu to see this folder.full path to motor files.jpg

I open rockets that came with Rocsim 10 and it still gives that limited list of motors.
This is a new issue for me..a week ago I could choose from the full list of motors.

Is it possible to...have hit some secret..plugged motors only or some screwy seldom used option?

Tony

I open rockets that came with Rocsim 10 and it still gives that limited list of motors.
This is a new issue for me..a week ago I could choose from the full list of motors.

Is it possible to...have hit some secret..plugged motors only or some screwy seldom used option?

Tony
Do the motors show up if you select all for everything

with a selected stock LOC rocket...I get the below motor selection....
with all, all and all selected...it's missing dozens of motors.

there are like 3 Loki, 2 CTI , a couple Kilma , some Quests and Estes...

but dozens of motors are missing//

rocsim6.png

Tony

with a selected stock LOC rocket...I get the below motor selection....
with all, all and all selected...it's missing dozens of motors.

there are like 3 Loki, 2 CTI , a couple Kilma , some Quests and Estes...

but dozens of motors are missing//

View attachment 642028

Tony
Tony I am at a loss on this one. You might need to contact Apogee help desk. To me it seems like the .rse files got corrupted. Sorry I could not help.

I had the Same problem two weeks ago and spent over an hour trying to fix. Bought the upgrade to 11 just for the auto update motor list feature. Have not had a problem since.

I'm a bit of a shill for Rocksim 11. I really like it.

From the website here is what you get: The engine update just works. The ejection charge calculator matches my ground testing to within .05g, the measurement feature, when it works, really helps, the fin wraps are a want list item for me for a while, search box for engine search is spot on...Also fixed the random closing the app, and you can now get to rocket design attributes without restarting, well worth my 35$.

1. Auto Engine Update Feature:

• RockSim will automatically download all the latest engine files from ThrustCurve.org so your database is always up to date.
  • Modify settings in "Preferences -> Auto Engine Update tab".
  • Provision to change the frequency of updates, select only certified motors, etc.
  • Quick buttons for "Update engine database now" and "Restore default engine database".
  • Reset engine data to defaults works with old engine data backed up in a safe folder.
2. Visual Representations of Fins:

• Your air-foiled fins now look so cool and accurate.
  • They can be exported out so you can 3D print them
  • Displays fins with different cross-sections in both 2D drawings and a 3D viewer.
  • Supports various cross-sections: rounded, airfoil, etc.
  • Supports various fin shapes: Trapezoidal, Elliptical, or Custom Fin shapes.
  • Visually designed Fin Mounting Tabs as per fin cross-section.
  • Real-time visual changes in fins based on inputs like fin span, root chord value, thickness, etc.
  • Physical changes reflected in mass, CG, and CP. (Airfoiled fins are lighter weight than solid slabs of wood)
  • Advanced settings for airfoil fins, including constant fin thickness and location of max thickness.
3. Ejection Charge Calculator:

• Feature added in the Rocket menu.
  • Facilitates calculation of black powder required to eject the bulkhead.
  • Provides mass of black powder and force applied to the bulkhead.
  • Graphical provision for adjusting body tube volume, internal pressure, shear pins, and diameter in the calculation.
4. Measurement Feature:

• Provided on the 2D viewer control bar.
  • Enables measurement of distance between any two points on the 2D rocket drawing.
  • Allows easy measurement of diameters, lengths, and distances between parts in any units.
5. Fin Placement Guide:

• Added in the "Print" menu under "Placement guide wrap".
  • Provides a 100% scaled drawing of a strip that, when wrapped around the body tube, shows markings for mounting fins, launch lugs, pods, etc.
6. Export 2D Model Drawing with 100% Scale:

• Added a new option in the File menu -> Export -> 2D model (100% scale).
  • Allows users to print a 2D rocket drawing in 100% scale.
7. Component Mass Display:

• Masses of components and assembly directly visible in the component tree.
  • Tooltip while hovering over a component indicates mass override status and mass for assemblies.
  • Option to HIDE or SHOW masses in tree given in “Preferences -> Units”.
8. Engine Selection Dialogue:

• Added a Search Box for finding engines based on engine codes.
9. Auto Removal of Unnecessary Files:

• Automatically removes unnecessary EXE and DMG files from the Update Download folder to reduce memory usage.

@rcktnut
@MarsLander

was working through your suggestions and and discovered.. that apogee is aware of this issue and has a video for the fix..I emailed them to get the new motor files..

https://www.apogeerockets.com/Loading-Missing-Motors-Back-Into-RockSim

Thanks..for helping ..

Tony
Good to see you have it figured out. For a single rse file I download it to documents go to import files in RS import it from documents, automatically puts the file in the right path and shows up in available engine files. Never tried it for a large file, but sure is a heck of a lot easier than how it's done in the video.

Good to see you have it figured out. For a single rse file I download it to documents go to import files in RS import it from documents, automatically puts the file in the right path and shows up in available engine files. Never tried it for a large file, but sure is a heck of a lot easier than how it's done in the video.
@DragonRocketry

I'm just glad it's not me having a brain fart..or senior moment.

Tony

Back