NAR Certification

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qwerty

Reaction score
It's going to be a long time before I'm ready to get into HP rockets, but certification reads like a Catch 22 process. It's clearly my beginner's mindset but how can buy a high-power rocket without already having the NAR certification? Thanks!

It's going to be a long time before I'm ready to get into HP rockets, but certification reads like a Catch 22 process. It's clearly my beginner's mindset but how can buy a high-power rocket without already having the NAR certification? Thanks!
Keep reading. Anyone can buy/build a rocket. It is just a bunch of parts not going anywhere without a motor. When ready, a vender can sell you one motor for the cert. This has been discussed at length.

And typically you would buy the motor for your attempt onsite at the launch you are flying the attempt.

And typically you would buy the motor for your attempt onsite at the launch you are flying the attempt.
Most launch sites don’t have onsite vendors, but it’s always okay to order a certification motor to be delivered to someone who is certified. I ordered all of mine to be delivered to my Prefect.
Most vendors will ship a single motor to the certification candidate, but I recommend ordering a spare. Hazmat is the same whether a person orders one or two, but the price of hazmat per motor is less.

Back