My own RFC design recommendation

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astronaut

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm new here and I will make a rocket flight controller for apogee payload release. Can you suggest me an IMU for gyro, pressure sensor, gnss, rf communication module and microcontroller for my controller card. I want to get a high performance and don't want to have a problem with sensors. Can you give me some advices please. Thx.

Go to Mouser or DigiKey and start searching for parts, then go through the data sheets to find the ones that best fit your needs. Then you can start your hardware design, in parallel with the software to control it. Good luck with your project.

Hi all

I'm new here and I will make a rocket flight controller for apogee payload release. Can you suggest me an IMU for gyro, pressure sensor, gnss, rf communication module and microcontroller for my controller card. I want to get a high performance and don't want to have a problem with sensors. Can you give me some advices please. Thx.
You need to define your design parameters. For example, what altitude will you be trying to achieve, as this might affect your choice of barometric sensor?

What G and rotation ranges would you be expecting to measure, as this will affect your choice of gyro and accelerometer ranges in the IMU?

What type of data and telemetry comms are you wanting to use, as this will affect your data rate and range, etc.

As for your microcontroller, this will depend on your real-time processing, program and data memory requirements.

Are you wanting to design a complete flight controller from scratch, or can you use off-the-shelf modules? Can you use a standard GPS telemetry altimeter?

Hi all

mpu9250 sparkfun
goodluck

Back