My Level 3 (attempt) bird.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
MAC Performance Radial Flyer, painted like Mike's on the web site. 7' 3.25", 20.5 lb. Gonna fly on an M1101 to about 12k'.

IMG_1104.jpgIMG_1105.jpg

I need a low wind, clear skies day; so I am reserving 3/12, 3/13, 4/8, 4/9, and 4/10. If I still haven't launched by then, I'll have to try at URRF III in June.

Beautiful build John...
Good luck with the flight...
Keep focused,, keep positive,,,
the flight is going to go perfectly...

Teddy

Nice, good luck on the cert, and hope you don't loose it!

That's what's keeping me up at night. :wink: I put my X-Celerator up to 9500' on a day with 15 mph winds and never found it. Went out of GPS range. So I will need no wind and lots of eyes, and maybe even someone to drive under it to keep it in range of the GPS. Ay ay ay.

That's what's keeping me up at night. :wink: I put my X-Celerator up to 9500' on a day with 15 mph winds and never found it. Went out of GPS range. So I will need no wind and lots of eyes, and maybe even someone to drive under it to keep it in range of the GPS. Ay ay ay.

That's the trouble with flying a smaller diameter to that altitude, its easy to lose sight of it. As with all clubs, there's always those one or two guys who have a knack for keeping sight of rockets (Neil, Nathan at MDRA). The 75mm you're flying for Cert has the tracking smoke grain which will certainly help.

Yeah, I really hope Neil will be there, but that just hasn't been a reality lately. That man has amazing eyes.

I will be tracking it through my SLR's zoom lens. And I will try to gather up as many people as I can to eyeball it.

Right now, March 12 is looking like 50% chance of rain with 11 mph wind. March 13 has AM rain with 7 mph wind.

I am only going on the 12th to pick up Cert motor and case and a few other motors for Red Glare, maybe fly a mega max or something obnoxious but probably not staying all day.
Neil's dad has been sick lately so he's been helping out with him, hard to tell if he will be there or not.

Beautiful build bat, good luck on you L3 if you try this weekend. Love the tracking smoke, I have too many floaters in my eyes so I need good smokers

Beautiful build bat, good luck on you L3 if you try this weekend. Love the tracking smoke, I have too many floaters in my eyes so I need good smokers

You and me both! I see about six rockets when I look up there.... :facepalm:

Back