My Favorite Pen.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I'll bite...why?

Because my Cats like to land on my Keyboard sometimes, and that screws up my Computer. Also, my Hands have Arthritis, and sometimes I'm not the greatest Typer. Gettin' rid of the extra Keys is fine, because if I need them, I can just use a small Alan Wrench to press them.

Odd, the Control and Alternate keys seem to be missing. Those are two of the essential trifecta.

Pilot Vanishing Point in matte black.
20110408-_DSC0243.jpg

Thanks. I removed all of the Non-Essential Keys on my Keyboards.

Not sure that's what he was referring to. Your keyboard looks like it was drug across a camel's business end and left in the sun to bake in. Freaking nasty.

From one extreme to the other (well, almost). If you're going to write... I also am trying out the new Bic disposable fountain pen. It's not bad.

m600-gr1.jpg

pilot-varsity-disposable-fountain-pen-profile.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite pencil was the Y&C Grip500 family of mechanical pencils. Their pencil had a way of retracting the nib inside a collar to protect it (and you from it). Once it was locked in position, it would advance the lead with the click on the back of the pencil. To retract the nib, you just pushed the (metal) clip down, and it would release the locking mechanism.

My last of the oldest (ca. 1994) version of the pencil was my favorite. It had a metal collar to protect the nib and was completely reliable. Until the day this thread was started. It snapped in half at the join where the upper body of it screws into the lower body. :(

There are newer pencils that have tried to imitate the Grip500, but they've all been wider, heavier, or not as durable (easily broken plastic clips) as the original. And of course, Y&C hasn't made them in years. Had I known how long I'd have had this pencil, I'd have bought a dozen of them, so I'd have at least one in my pocket for the rest of my life.

Fisher Space Pen "Bullet". Got an engraved one for highschool graduation, and it lives in my purse. It's a great thing to EDC.

I have'nt caught a Cold or anything since before I joined the Army. It seems they immunized me.

Zebra F-301 is my favorite pen.

Dixon Ticonderoga number 2 is my favorite pencil.

I'm a simple man.

Back