Multiple launch controller plans needed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harsas

Reaction score
Because my hobby is rockety, not research, I would like to solicit a simple design for a launch controller that can handle 6-8 pads, both individually and simultaneously. Something that can run from a single 12V battery. I would be happy if you can either provide such a design, or point me to a thread that does. Thanks.

Thanks very much. I appreciate the input. I should also say that I am not an electrical engineer either. Reading a schematic will require the assistance of a local proffesional. Not to say I can't find one, but I do also appreciate photos/drawings and assembly instructions if they exist.

Perhaps there is a written report or essay that someone is aware of that explains how to build these things. That would probably help me make sense of the schematics.

Ur. I wouldn't use a DB25 connector and terminal wires on a launch controller... I'd expect reliability to suffer.

I think it depends on what the connection is being used for. When used as intended, the DB25 is just fine; in our Sport Launch system, several DB format connectors are used for low current, high density signal connections. Power and control connections are made with Amphenol connectors.

Our system was designed with reliability in mind - heat, cold, rain, snow, as we launch throughout the year in various combinations of these conditions. After several years of use, we have yet to experience a single failure.

John

... several DB format connectors are used for low current, high density signal connections. Power and control connections are made with Amphenol connectors.

John

Re-reading, I should clarify: the power and control signal connections are made with Amphenol circular connectors; Amphenol was also the manufacturer of the DB connectors used in the system, as seen in the following photo of the continuity check board, located in the Sport Rack side of the system. Apologies for any confusion.

Oops, didn't read all the details. For signaling, that sort of wire and connector would be fine. Somehow I misread it that those wires ran straight to the clips.

Back