• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Multiple Body Tubes/Motor Mounts in OR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jms

Reaction score
Hey guys, just trying to lay three body tubes side by side in OpenRocket but I can't seem to figure it out for the life of me. Has anyone done this before?

You can't really do 3 bodytubes in OR, but the best compromise is a single bodytube and 2 inner tubes on the outside of the main bodytube. It won't do anything calculation-wise for the aerodynamics, but it will do the engines, mass, and flight calculations. Take the flight calculations with a grain of salt tho', since OR will consider inner tubes as zero drag (since they most likely will be inside the bodytube on most rockets). Anticipate a lower apogee than simulated. The stability factors should be fairly close to reality.

Not sure if this will help but consider playing with adding them as launch lugs.

Yeah I had tried that but I need to use them as motor mounts as well.

Does rocksim handle this type of thing?

Back