More Evidence Elon Musk is Losing His Flippin’ Mind

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So posting unverified sources about Musk- speak of Joe Biden who‘s party has been vilified by all the Twitter releases about the censoring that went on before Musk purchased Twitter about the republicans and all the dirt that has come out about the left, leaves one to believe you are absolutely talking about politics.

You are reading into it. The thread is about Elmo changing the Twitter algorithm to boost his own Tweets, which is a pathetic thing to waste his time and company resources doing. It sounds like you are the one posting the political stuff.

I first thot this thread was a parody. Started on a rocket forum, supported by folks who don’t even have the balls to identify who they are, to trash one of the most accomplished people on the planet who put his cards on the table to make a company better than it was with a size able investment.
If I was to do the same thing, start a petty crap throwing show concerning worthless trash in politics that never accomplished anything, the censors on this forum would have trashed that thread lickity split.

Actually, I am ashamed to recommend new rocketeers to this forum . I thought rocketeers were better than being blind siding thugs trashing people of accomplishment who, it looks like to me, are being trashed because of what I call “the envious peanut gallery”. In my life, my experience with that gallery has brought me nothing but grief, when I ran successful businesses, by the ones incapable of understanding what hard work and real accomplishment takes had plenty of accusations of “he cheated, or today, white privilege, or whatever the soup du jour of todays loosers limp is.“.
Full disclosure, I have known Elon Musk for several decades. Several of my “amateur rocketry kids” I helped in getting jobs at Space X. I even considered a job offer at PowerWall after I retired from installing solar arrays all over the planet. As on every continent. Seeing some of your comments trashing him, is rather hurtful, if not disgusting. I have considered donating several grand to TRF in the past, but this thread has so turned me off by not only some of its members, but definitely by whoever runs this show allowing this feces throwing show to continue as long as it has, that is definitely off the table.

My only advice to the purveyors of this forum is this. And it is the same advice that the NFL, Disney, and the rest of the failing orgs are realizing,

Don’t forget who brung ya to the dance..

Pat G
Rocketeer.

You are reading into it. The thread is about Elmo changing the Twitter algorithm to boost his own Tweets, which is a pathetic thing to waste his time and company resources doing. It sounds like you are the one posting the political stuff.

Can you stop calling him Elmo, please? Elmo is kinda lovable, whereas Musk is the complete opposite.

Can you stop calling him Elmo, please? Elmo is kinda lovable, whereas Musk is the complete opposite.
Gads. MY Aussie friends don’t admire hand puppets.
But I suppose you gotta use what ya got. Lube it up and get on with it..

Insult returned
Pat G

Censors, he drew first blood. I responded in kind.

Thats Aussie for new internet surfers for those who have never been to Australia.

Handsome pic tho Vermont dude. Cape Byron and you might hook up, hey?
O bother. One of my Aussie friends just corrected me.
Another interpretation of “shark bisquit” is a kid on the beach.

Language‘s are fun!

Gads. MY Aussie friends don’t admire hand puppets.
But I suppose you gotta use what ya got. Lube it up and get on with it..

Insult returned
Pat G

Censors, he drew first blood. I responded in kind.

Nice snag shark bisquit

Thats Aussie for new internet surfers for those who have never been to Australia.

Handsome pic tho Vermont dude. Cape Byron and you might hook up, hey?

O bother. One of my Aussie friends just corrected me.
Another interpretation of “shark bisquit” is a kid on the beach.

Language‘s are fun!

Dude, are you having a stroke?

I’d like to know how many rocketeers have one or “want” one (tesla) and cannot come up with the bread?
I have on order a Canoo pickup truck if they can survive this market.
https://www.canoo.com/pickup/
It makes sense for me. I have 50000 watts of solar installed on my ranch, as well as 6500 watts of wind turbines. And when that fails, the ranch has
a 700 mcf per month natural gas well to power my 25k Generac. Back up, back back up.

Thats all well and good for me, but for the general populace, not. Fossil fuels are necessary until alternative power catches up.
My company, Quality Alternative Power Inc, focuses on just that, alternative power.When the grid goes down, we offer a supplement.
Temporary. Unless your willing to make life style changes.
That said, I am trying to retire.
But failing miserably.
Which explains why I am up posting after midnite. ,
Bidding jobs and pissed off at Musk insulters…

I first thot this thread was a parody. Started on a rocket forum, supported by folks who don’t even have the balls to identify who they are, to trash one of the most accomplished people on the planet who put his cards on the table to make a company better than it was with a size able investment.
If I was to do the same thing, start a petty crap throwing show concerning worthless trash in politics that never accomplished anything, the censors on this forum would have trashed that thread lickity split.

Actually, I am ashamed to recommend new rocketeers to this forum . I thought rocketeers were better than being blind siding thugs trashing people of accomplishment who, it looks like to me, are being trashed because of what I call “the envious peanut gallery”. In my life, my experience with that gallery has brought me nothing but grief, when I ran successful businesses, by the ones incapable of understanding what hard work and real accomplishment takes had plenty of accusations of “he cheated, or today, white privilege, or whatever the soup du jour of todays loosers limp is.“.
Full disclosure, I have known Elon Musk for several decades. Several of my “amateur rocketry kids” I helped in getting jobs at Space X. I even considered a job offer at PowerWall after I retired from installing solar arrays all over the planet. As on every continent. Seeing some of your comments trashing him, is rather hurtful, if not disgusting. I have considered donating several grand to TRF in the past, but this thread has so turned me off by not only some of its members, but definitely by whoever runs this show allowing this feces throwing show to continue as long as it has, that is definitely off the table.

My only advice to the purveyors of this forum is this. And it is the same advice that the NFL, Disney, and the rest of the failing orgs are realizing,

Don’t forget who brung ya to the dance..

Pat G
Rocketeer.
Period.

Thanks Pat for this post. Should be a sticky.

View attachment 563717
My Grandpa was in a trucking union and was able to comfortably feed 5 children and a stay at home mother. He retired around 65 and lived comfortably for 20 years off of his pension and social security. One of the last things he told me a few months ago, well into his deathbed, was "If it wasn't for the union I would be working right now". Now I see us struggle whenever there is a 2 dollar price increase in Aerotech motors and chicken eggs. This article was released today. Another reason to the list. https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/16/business/tesla-buffalo-union.html

I've already been playing the devil's advocate in here, so here's Tesla's response to that recent union story:

https://www.tesla.com/blog/in-response-false-allegations
I’d like to know how many rocketeers have one or “want” one (tesla) and cannot come up with the bread?
My next car will likely be a Model 3 or Y if that's what you mean. But my current Hyundai PHEV has many years left so I have no good reason to change now. Even the Model 3 has more power than the 3-series and C-class I've driven. That kind of luxury is not something I'd usually pay for, but maybe next time.

Last edited:
I've already been playing the devil's advocate in here, so here's Tesla's response to that recent union story:

https://www.tesla.com/blog/in-response-false-allegations

My next car will likely be a Model 3 or Y if that's what you mean. But my current Hyundai PHEV has many years left so I have no good reason to change now. Even the Model 3 has more power than the 3-series and C-class I've driven. That kind of luxury is not something I'd usually pay for, but maybe next time.
I preordered a truck in 2020…. Booooooo on waiting!

I preordered a truck in 2020…. Booooooo on waiting!
Cybertruck? If you’d been the only one, you’d have it, but over 1M are waiting. Tesla has just past 1M cars per year let alone 1M trucks. That’s been by doubling numbers each year. Truck production will start later this year, they’re setting up the lines.

Just drunk again, I think. This happens now and then. He comes on, posts rants, makes personal insults, and then in the morning, the worst of them have been cleaned up, which is what happened this time. Did you see the ones that were deleted? Lol!

How embarrassing.

There are only two groups I follow on Twitter. SpaceX and Rocket Lab. Recent changes to the algorithm meant the extraneous tweets between those went from being a little annoying to having mountains if spam. I usually don't block people, to keep a balanced view, but that amount of spam was waaay too much. Blocking the spammer cleaned up the feed. I will check again in a month or so to see if the algorithm has been tweaked again.

I wonder what the statistics on people being blocked on Twitter are showing this week?

There are only two groups I follow on Twitter. SpaceX and Rocket Lab. Recent changes to the algorithm meant the extraneous tweets between those went from being a little annoying to having mountains if spam. I usually don't block people, to keep a balanced view, but that amount of spam was waaay too much. Blocking the spammer cleaned up the feed. I will check again in a month or so to see if the algorithm has been tweaked again.

I wonder what the statistics on people being blocked on Twitter are showing this week?
There is a "feature" on my Twitter that allows me to just see post of those I follow. Not sure if it is the same in other regions of the world. Seems the algorithm doesn't mess with those post. If I pop over to "For You", then I see post from every swinging di...err...people that don't align with my thinking in an effort to get me to respond... 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back