• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Model Rocket Industries starter kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikeRam

Reaction score
Model Rocket Industries (MRI) Starter kit - -

Circa 1968/1969

For sale is one complete MRI starter kit. As shown in the photos it contains one rocket kit, 3 each B3-3 MRI motors, 3 each pieces of nichrome wire, one launch pad with 1/8" rod, one electrical push button, one small piece of chute wadding, instructions sheet and original kit box. Even the original packing paper is included. This is everything just as it was sold 46 years ago.

This has remained in storage for decades. I forget the year I acquired it but it has never been altered or modified from its original form.

MRI was one of the very first MR companies to bring items for sale to the general public. I believe the original owner obtained this one from a hobby shop. This is a rare piece of MR history from the early days.

* * * PLEASE NOTE - - This kit contains BP motors. I cannot and will not ship the motors. If you cannot pick up this complete kit in the southern California area, then you need to make other arrangements to have the motors delivered to you. If you want the kit but not the motors, then the price remains unchanged and the motors will be disposed via legal means.

This will only be sold in the United States.

The price is $125.00 plus actual shipping to your location in the US if you are not picking it up in person in southern California. First preference is you or someone representing you picks this up in the southern California area.

DSC_0089 modd - Copy.jpg

DSC_0090 modd - Copy.jpg

DSC_0092 modd - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Dang...

I'm interested, but the delivery issue is one I have to figure out!

-Kevin

Back