Model Rocket Alignment Chart

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAllen

Reaction score
How nerdy is this? I made an alignment chart of the more popular model rockets...well most of them are popular. I'm thinking it would be cool if other people made alignment charts like this but with a more specific theme like, clusters, odd-rocs, or a specific manufacturer. I'm sure folks will come along and criticize what I have here and that's ok but keep in mind this is just for fun and anything like this is going to be super opinionated. With the exception of the Cosmos Mariner. It's definitely chaotic evil since it is satans spawn.

Alignment Chart.jpg

Have fun with it. :)

I'm pretty sure you need to get some @Daddyisabar specials into the Chaotic column. :D
I will have to cast a Know Alignment spell on my birds to get all the answers. I only do old school AD&D (pre 1984) so get out the battle die for thier saving throws.

The Lawful Good section should fill up fast with all the HiPo 3-4FNC beauties! Performance, high technology, safety, good looks, they have it all. The Jedi Clerics and Paladins will rejoice in their superior goodness.

Chaotic Neutral and below will belong to critters and oddroc abominations. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

A neutral evil kit would be like the Estes Spaceship One E, the Foamy Horror Show. Not quite as bad as the Cosmos Mariner but close. The kit getting banned from a club launch would put it in the Neutral Evil or Chaotic Evil section.

Last edited:
There's one (and only one) choice with which I must take issue: The Dude is not evil. The Dude is just so comical that it breaks the chart. I'm sure that whoever dreamed up that thing was smoking weed and watching The Big Lebowski at the time.
The Dude is true Neutral. It Abides!

I would say TLP kits would go into the CG or CN category depending on model. The good ones were more traditional, stable and had no potters clay nose weight or witches hats. Still Chaotic in sports scale, construction techniques and materials provided in kit.
IMG_20140630_185246452.jpg

Last edited:
You are more forgiving of the Cosmos Mariner. From what I've seen and heard it is solidly CE. A true RSO frightening machine, especially when not Pro built.
For the record, I've never actually seen the Cosmos Mariner fly, I'm only giving CE to X-15 because someone actually got hurt by one.

I'd never heard of the Cosmos Mariner model until I saw it in this thread, so I Googled it. On Rocket Reviews, there are two reviews. While both rocketeers give it high marks for the build (despite fitment trouble with the plastic clam shell body), one calls is complete crap for flying, and the other really likes it a lot. That sounds like CE to me; just kind enough to just enough people to lure others in to their doom, and random as to who gets the good experiences.

For the record, I've never actually seen the Cosmos Mariner fly, I'm only giving CE to X-15 because someone actually got hurt by one.
That could fit for NE, the purest evil.

🤔
534229-e8b1110a7e048100312d94780f1edbfa.data

😈

Noris kits? The Natter. Vacuform, no or terrible instructions, squishy tubes, cardstock fins, foreign motor sizing, no kit supplied nose weight, needing a Master Race skill level and times of spewing profanity during the build? Not PC paint scheme. Hard to fly. I'm thinking CE for Natter, NE for Evil Empire Soyuz and Vostok, CG for Ariane.
IMG_20140620_211856458.jpg

If Estes sold as many CM as they did X-15's I guarantee MANY people would have been hurt by the CM. That thing was a true abomination. I have no idea wtf Estes was thinking with that kit.

Chaotic Evil incarnate. Picked directly from the bowels of the layer Jubilex. Egg rockets need fins! Flying stuff from a Hobby Lobby holiday clearance is very suspect.
IMG_20150405_121037846.jpg

Last edited:
Back