Micromaxx kits at Ollie-Oop rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps this is a silly or dumb question, but what's the drawback with putting a 13mm engine (say 1/4A impulse) in a MMX rocket that uses a BT-5 main body tube (like the Bitty Bertha)?

Very likely will lose the rocket?

Perhaps this is a silly or dumb question, but what's the drawback with putting a 13mm engine (say 1/4A impulse) in a MMX rocket that uses a BT-5 main body tube (like the Bitty Bertha)?

Perhaps not. I guess it depends on its established performance and how easy it is to find to begin with.

You may want to check stability.

Last edited:
Just finished an Ollie-OOP MMX Goblin kit. Nice kit with water-slide decals. I noticed that you can now buy extra Goblin water-slide decals in other colors as well: white, black, red, yellow, green so you can paint the rocket in different colors.

Attachments

• IMG_7956.jpeg
    IMG_7956.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7962.jpeg
    IMG_7962.jpeg
  • IMG_7958.jpeg
    IMG_7958.jpeg
Last edited:

Nowhere near as fun. The looks you get when you show people actual micromaxx motors are priceless.

Nowhere near as fun. The looks you get when you show people actual micromaxx motors are priceless.
You’re not wrong. @Absouloot and I have been flying them at the DART range, encouraged (and occasionally supplied) by @fyrwrxz. Newcomers routinely come gawking at them, but I don’t think the club officers are too impressed…

Back