• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold MERCURY ATLAS Estes #2111

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vcp

Reaction score
MERCURY ATLAS Estes #2111

Open box, otherwise complete in excellent condition. $150 including shipping to US addresses.
  • Original box is in perfect shape, box art is included and perfect.
  • Parts bags are unopened. One bag has some 'vent holes' and a couple of small parts have detached from the parts trees and slipped out those holes. Those parts are included in a small baggie.
  • Wraps are perfect. (there is some wrinkling of the border, which is not part of the wrap)
  • Tubes are perfect; all vacu-formed and blow-molded plastic parts are perfect.
  • All instructions are present.
20210822_132143.jpg

Paypal preferred, PM to purchase.

This is a reasonable price, folks, if you've been looking for one, get it quick!

Any advice on where to find a missing styrene part from this Mercury Atlas kit? My kit is missing half of a vernier stabilizer motor (molded styrene). Any advice on which part of Rocketry Forum to post such a parts request?

Any advice on where to find a missing styrene part from this Mercury Atlas kit? My kit is missing half of a vernier stabilizer motor (molded styrene). Any advice on which part of Rocketry Forum to post such a parts request?
This place is usually fine. Lots of veterans here have stuff lying around. Maybe try the Scale section? Low-Power or Mid-Power work too.

If you can’t find it here, you may want to try Ye Olde Rocketry Forum. They focus more on vintage stuff.

I also found 3D print files here, if that’s acceptable for you.

Last edited:
This place is usually fine. Lots of veterans here have stuff lying around. Maybe try the Scale section? Low-Power or Mid-Power work too.

If you can’t find it here, you may want to try Ye Olde Rocketry Forum. They focus more on vintage stuff.

I also found 3D print files here, if that’s acceptable for you.
That 3D print idea is a good one. Might be able to use a local hobby shop or community center to squirt the part out. Thanks!

Here's what I'm looking for: the stabilizer thrust motor. In my kit, one of the two parts needed to make a complete motor is a mismatch: I have two halves of the left side of the motor, and no matching part for the right side. (Just a mistake by whoever packed the kit at Estes). I am looking for the corresponding right side to the left side I already have:

(attached photo)

You see I have one completed motor, and the two "lefts" for the remaining motor. I need the "right" half of that motor. If anyone has a lead on where I can find a spare right motor half, I'd be grateful. Thanks!

(second attached photo-- parts diagram) I need the circled part. Will swap my extra "left" -- Ha.

Attachments

• IMG_5439.JPG
    IMG_5439.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5436.JPG
    IMG_5436.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 13
That 3D print idea is a good one. Might be able to use a local hobby shop or community center to squirt the part out. Thanks!
First attempt with the public library: the 3D print filament created a tangled mess using the 3D file....trying to find out more on how to print it correctly.

I am going to mark this sold. Send me a Pm if I am incorrect.

Back