3D Printing Material to use for 3D printed bulkheads and E-Bay sleds

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had pretty good success with Rectilinear, Triangular, and Honeycomb with the last one being my favorite. I use a lot of Atomic PETG with CF.
i have had terrible luck with PETG. Brand for sure matters and i have had bad luck with 3d solutech petg, esun petg, sunlu petg and hatchbox petg. After trying out those brands, i gave up on petg haha

I've been using grid infill. I'm sure, pretty much any infill will work fine, but some infill types will require more infill than others for equivalent strength/stiffness. I used Gyroid infill for a while. It worked great, but I wanted the print to be faster, so started using grid instead.

As far as PETG goes, I've used Overture, Hatchbox and Polymaker brands without any issues. I did have trouble with PETG on my MK3S printer in the beginning. Admittedly, I didn't know what I was doing at the time. I've since got all that worked out as I learned more.

PLA is OK for bulkheads as long as you aren't in a very hot climate. I'm in Michigan and PLA is ok as long as it isn't exposed to the sun directly and/or the part is thick enough. Since bulkheads are inside (mostly) and thick, it isn't an issue. That said, I use PETG mainly because I, by far, have it most commonly loaded.

Last edited:
i have had terrible luck with PETG. Brand for sure matters and i have had bad luck with 3d solutech petg, esun petg, sunlu petg and hatchbox petg. After trying out those brands, i gave up on petg haha
Atomic is premium PETG. The key with PETG is you have to you Z offset perfect. Too much or too little and you will fail.

Back