malewicki rcbg

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Holverson

Reaction score
I'm almost finished with my Malewicki RCBG. Let's use 21st Century electronics in a Moon Landing era design! The servo mount is my own creation. I think that the electronics in specific and the glider in general are lighter than the original judging by how far forward the pod is to balance it despite the Lillipution boat-anchors of those control rods and linkage stops.

malewicki1.jpg
malewicki2.jpg
malewicki3.jpg
malewicki4.jpg

Looks great Doug!

I do like an elliptical wing planform... Reminds me of the Sweepette.

Since you are worried about the weight aft of the c/g due to pushrods, have you considered using torsion spring and pull string to drive your control surfaces, similar to what some of the DLG pilots are doing? See

I'm almost finished with my Malewicki RCBG. Let's use 21st Century electronics in a Moon Landing era design! The servo mount is my own creation. I think that the electronics in specific and the glider in general are lighter than the original judging by how far forward the pod is to balance it despite the Lillipution boat-anchors of those control rods and linkage stops.

View attachment 523582
View attachment 523583
View attachment 523584
View attachment 523585
I built one of those back in the day. It was a rudder only single channel glider. Of course mine was zero channel. The R/C gear went OOP before I could afford it.

Back