Making A Christmas Present

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Byrum

Overstable By Design
Reaction score
I'm a strong believer in making a Christmas present rather that just buying one outright. Today my neighbor and I constructed about 75% of a playhouse for his niece. It was so much fun. There's nothing like hand crafting someones gift. The cool part was it was from scratch. Not a kit. I'm sure Scotty Dog can relate to this. I spent the whole afternoon working on it with him and we plan to get it done over the weekend. I made most of my gifts from scratch also. These are the kinds of gifts that last in memory because you labored it.

Did anyone craft a gift this year?

yup- made a great mess in the living room-gonna surprise her with it Christmas Day too! It's got rockets and everything (literally-tools, shoes, coats, books....) Looks all homey and comfortable to me......

I built this Christmas rocket and sent it to my brother, a fellow rocketeer who is currently unemployed. It's a Quest Cobalt with $$$ shooting out of the back.

r1.JPG

r2.jpg

If you have the time and skill to make something that's of interest to the recipient, doing so is very cool. Years ago, my wife made me a quilt for Christmas. A few years back, my son and my dad worked together to make a trash can holder for my brother in law (his dog was getting in the trash). We have a clock that my dad made for us.

-Kevin

My wife has been busy sewing gifts for friends and family.

These are what I'm making this year.

The guys get hand made coping saws. The saws are "completely hand made including the brass parts. The only purchased item is the saw blade. The woods I used are Zebra wood, Black Walnut and Birds Eye maple.

There were more ornaments for the ladies but my wife already wrapped them up.

The clocks are for my nieces. The one on the left is a Finlandic birch burl and the one on the right (it needs finish yet) is a black walnut burl.

saws.JPG

ornaments.JPG

clocks.JPG

Back