3D Printing MakerGeeks - BEWARE CROOKS!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cl(VII)

Chris Bender, Lab Rat
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Do not get lured in by good pricing, and admittedly good filament. These folks are crooks. I've had one "good" order with them, and three that have not worked out. Two resulted in refunds (no product to ship despite the website showing in stock), and I'm now gong through my CC company for a fraud claim on the third. They have become notorious for showing everything in stock, but not actually having it on hand (it will always be 7-10 days away from available btw). This time I emailed to verify that everything was in stock before placing the order. Being assured it was available I placed the order on Dec 12th. It was marked as fulfilled the same day, but no tracking # (or filament ever came). When I emailed on the 18th they told me that they didn't have one of the items, and would issue a refund. Two weeks later, no refund, so around I go again with their "customer service" where I (too) politely explain what they have done. This included them denying that such an order had been placed, so I sent them a screenshot from my account their site. Finally, my complaint was being forwarded to a manager for resolution in 12-24h. Well 10 days later, no response, they won't respond to emails, and my account on their website has apparently been deleted.

This is not the first time I've heard of problems with them. I had a few orders not get filled, they did refund me though. The orders I did receive were fine, and the filament worked well. However, I stopped ordering from them when I had issues with shipping. Shipped by Amazon would probably be alright, but it's not like there's a shortage of filament providers.

If PETG is your thing, I find eSun filament to be very nice to work with decent pricing as well. The PLA+ I tried worked well also.

PETG is my thing, and I have tried a lot of them, including standardized breaking strength tests. MakerGeeks was among the best, and markedly better than eSun (at least for the colors I use most). Unfortunately, reliable availability is the best ability with the amount I go through, so no MakerGeeks for me.

Back