Mach Transition Discussion

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An eggfinder from Eggtimer Rocketry is another low cost option however assembly is required. The cheapest and simplest tracker is simply a gps module (with UART out and Vin 3-5v) linked to a 915mhz 3dr style telemetry radio with the receiver plugged into a laptop running ucenter from ublox.
The whole thing can be powered from a 1s lipo and the whole thing can be had for around $50.
I have tested these to 8000 feet and there is better (redesign rf900+ for example) for a bit more cash.
There is a little bit of programming required but I am sure a school would have someone capable.

An eggfinder from Eggtimer Rocketry is another low cost option however assembly is required. The cheapest and simplest tracker is simply a gps module (with UART out and Vin 3-5v) linked to a 915mhz 3dr style telemetry radio with the receiver plugged into a laptop running ucenter from ublox.
The whole thing can be powered from a 1s lipo and the whole thing can be had for around $50.
I have tested these to 8000 feet and there is better (redesign rf900+ for example) for a bit more cash.
There is a little bit of programming required but I am sure a school would have someone capable.

We will look into this, thank you for the recommendation.

Hey guys so they found it and judging from the damage and the altimeter data. The rocket free fell with only the drogue chute. Main chute failed to deploy for reasons still unknown, but this is a lesson that we need to always ground test to make sure the chutes are going to deploy as planned.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1464727458.665036.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1464727485.344420.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1464727506.483412.jpg

Latest posts

Back