LPR carry rack

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azamiryou

Learn from your mistakes. I learned a lot today!
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Simple carry rack made from foam core with Velcro straps. It's sized to fit my vehicle (height) and wagon (width), and the bottom is a tray for carrying small and oddly shaped rockets.

The Good: lightweight and easy to carry, works a treat.

The bad: it can blow over in the wind, the straps are a bit fiddly.

Overall it has been a great way to get a bunch of LPR rockets to the launch site.

Attachments

• IMG_20231113_081151218_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231113_081151218_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231113_085913765_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231113_085913765_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Hmm, I like both of these. @Azamiryou's works better for display, the second one is more robust.

Makes me wanna build something like this as a little project. But I'll probably spend 10 years figuring out how to make it perfect, and then never build it at all. :(
I think each has its strong points. My design handles rockets that won't fit in the car vertically, and is easily carried in one hand (the top bar is a handle). On the other hand, I expect the milk crate is less prone to blowing over, and it's certainly quicker to get rockets in and out of. Both are pretty easy to make, but the milk crate is probably easier.

And then I put down a movers blanket in my covered truck bed and put all my rockets [except really fragile ones] on it; big and small.

Fragile ones are in their own cardboard box and are in the rear cab.. [like an Estes Gemini/Titian Two etc]

Back