Love coffee

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will probably be assassinated for this but… I don’t like coffee I prefer tea.
I agree. I was on some antidepressants for a short time over two years ago and it completely put me off coffee. The effect lasted even after ceasing those AD tablets. Made coffee taste horrible. Before that I had two decent coffees (proper cappuccinos) each day and really enjoyed them.

Current favorite is Virginia Blue Mountain from Shenandoah Joe.

Side note, my students run the coffee carts for our school (they bring pots with fresh coffee around for staff to purchase). They run the whole process, we purchase green coffee beans, they roast both medium and dark blends, then grind and brew it. The current batch of green beans we're using are a Peruvian variety.

When you can find them:
Ethiopian Yirgajeffe and Guatamalan Antigua in a light roast are amazing when available.
cafeKubal often has them also, little Amps and the Linglestown roaster.

Had a somewhat interesting discussion with my daughter over her new “coffee machine”. I’m visiting her and taking in the Air Force-Army game (Geaux Air Force, beat Army)! She has an “Nespresso” machine and I commented on how you have to press the button 37 times to get a half a mug of dark liquid to come out. That basically devolved into “that’s not coffee”. To which she replied; “well, this, or you can go to Starbucks.” So I hugged her and said; “thank you, this is wonderful!”

Back