Looking for LED "bulb" replacement for Estes controller

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillyK

Reaction score
Folks,

I've seen a couple of posts with recommendations for the #44/#47 bayonet base LED lamp replacement for the standard Estes launch controller. I was hoping to convert a couple of the units I have that I use for kid/school launches and was wondering if anyone had a number of these and would be willing to "sell" a few to me.

Couldn't find any locally and of the two sites Fred recommended in his post, "Centsible" doesn't ship to Canada, and "Pinball Life" wanted $20 to USPS 4x 39 cent bulbs to Canada :shock:. Oh, they'd FedEx if I liked for only $68 :y:

I'm willing to throw a a number of US paper bills into an envelope and mail to someone to cover cost of lamps plus shipping if someone (who has some extra bulbs perhaps) would be willing to snail mail them to me in Canada.

Please PM me if you can help.

Thanks.

... Bill

I got a small quantity from one of the vendors Fred's pointed to and a few are unallocated at the moment. How many do you need?

The ones I have are white (most of 'em) and one red.

Hi Bernard,

All I really need is 2 (I have 2 of the Estes controllers), a couple of spares would be nice. I'd like 4, but I'd settle on 2.

... Bill

When we got back from vacation the LED lamps were sitting in my pile of snail mails. Bernard (BEC) was kind enough to supply a couple. Great folks on this list... what else can I say!!!

Tried a couple of the Q2G2's with the Estes controllers (had used the Q2G2's previously in my custom home-made unit) and as folks have pointed out with the default Estes unit (with bulb) they fired off on a continuity test.

But with the LED lamps, no issues.

Thanks again to all.

... Bill

Back