Looking For Ideas For Scale Data Posting . . . Suggestions ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only built (1) scale rocket... my 4 stage Saturn V.

I meant as Dave has been doing. At the bottom of this page are several threads he started as places to post scale data from his vast collection. On YORF, he has talked about wanting to be able to just put it in one big repository somewhere.

I meant as Dave has been doing. At the bottom of this page are several threads he started as places to post scale data from his vast collection. On YORF, he has talked about wanting to be able to just put it in one big repository somewhere.
Yes, absolutely true . . . I have collected Scale Data, since 1974.
I would love to have it publicly available as one giant "archive" for rocketeers, worldwide, housed in multiple sources.
At present, the archive is 429.23 GB / 187,458 Files / 5521 Files . . . It is still growing.

I started this thread to try to get an idea of scale data that people would like to see . . .

Dave F

I’d love to see the Israeli Gabriel. Preferably, the Mk III A/S, because I have the kit from The Launch Pad and I’d like to get the color scheme correct. But I’ve never found a picture of that particular version.

Data on any version of that missile seems to be hard to find.

Ikara anti-submarine missile. An Aussie masterpiece.

I’ll take any flying version of this from any manufacturer.
I have never seen that missile before. As for kits, that looks like a "scratch-build only" situation.

I'll look for data but, after a brief search, it looks scarce.

Dave F.

I’d love to see the Israeli Gabriel. Preferably, the Mk III A/S, because I have the kit from The Launch Pad and I’d like to get the color scheme correct. But I’ve never found a picture of that particular version.

Data on any version of that missile seems to be hard to find.
Found a couple of pics and some other items . . .

https://en.missilery.info/missile/gabriel3

https://svppbellum.blogspot.com/2019/11/lalbero-genealogico-dei-missili.html

https://www.taringa.net/+info/misiles-antibuque-asesinos-entre-las-olas-parte-2_gqsxm

1682649138247.png

1682649707834.png

1682649408432.png

1682649593363.png

Translation of article, from Spanish to English.

Gabriel III A/S anti-ship missile (Gabriel Mk III variant)

The Gabriel III is a 36km range short range subsonic anti-ship missile. Part of the Gabriel series of missiles developed by Israeli Aircraft Industries (Series of missiles based on the old RAFAEL Luz (or Lutz)). The Gabriel III A/S is an advanced branch of the original system. The original Gabriel Mk I was a small missile designed to engage enemy ships at wave level, making its focus extremely difficult to detect. This more recent air-launched Gabriel III A/S version is larger with a range of 60 km, and carries a high-explosive warhead weighing 150 kg. The guidance system allows you to fly so low that it must be pre-adjusted according to the current size of the waves.

In October 1967 Israel is tormented by the loss of the Israeli destroyer "Eilat" sunk by Russian anti-ship missiles the Styx fired from small Komar patrol boats, in response to this the Israelis launched a program to make their own anti-ship missile. Gabriel I first “wave rosator” missile on Saar 3 corvettes (built in Cherbourg CMN) and was successfully used in October 1973, against Syrian and Egyptian forces (several merchant ships were affected). A transhorizon version Gabriel II or Skorpioen, entered service in 1976. Other Gabriel MK III and IV versions also exist. The race starts with a missile mounted around 35 m to cruise between 17 and 20 meters above the water. The terminal phase that is between 2.5 and 6 m.

Original Gabriel Mk III anti-ship missile

In the early 1980s, two new versions of the Gabriel Mk III were developed, reconfiguring them to be airdropped. The curious thing is that the same missile was designed to operate from platforms as dissimilar in age and capabilities as the Phantom, the Skyhawk, the Fighting Falcon and the Kfir, all of them operational aircraft in the Israeli Air Force at that time. The basic version of the Gabriel Mk III A/S has a range of 40 km; however the A/S ER version has a longer engine that allows a trans-horizon range of 60 km and a much higher speed, beyond the sound barrier. Both have the same capabilities as the Gabriel Mk III in terms of guidance and launch, and only differ in this aspect. This version is easy to identify visually as they are less clunky in appearance, with reduced trapezoidal fins instead of the rectangular ones needed to facilitate underwing aircraft loading.

Gabriel Mk III A/S anti-ship missile being conditioned by project engineers.

Finally, towards the mid-1990s, the Gabriel Mk IV was developed, a much more powerful version of the previous models. Very similar to the Mk III, it is somewhat larger and more powerful, having a much larger warhead and an engine that allows for amazing range. This version weighs 960 kg, with 240 belonging to the semi-perforating fragmentation type warhead, with impact and proximity fuze. The estimated range is up to 200 km. The Gabriel Mk IV is easily identifiable because, although it is identical to the Mk III, its fins are not trapezoidal but are of the swept-back type, with the tips cut off. The guidance system is the same as the Gabriel Mk III. Info From: Gabriel anti-ship missile

General Characteristics of the Mk III, Mk III A/S:

Type: Anti-ship missile

Weight: Mark III 560 kg, Mark III A/S, 590 kg

Length: Mark III 3.75 m, Mark III A/S 3.78 m

Diameter: 330mm

Combat head: 150Kg

Operational Range: Mark III: 36 km, Mark III A/S: 60 km

Guidance System: Mark III, III A/S: active radar, optical tracking, or external radar

Last edited:
Found a couple of pics and some other items . . .

https://en.missilery.info/missile/gabriel3

https://svppbellum.blogspot.com/2019/11/lalbero-genealogico-dei-missili.html

https://www.taringa.net/+info/misiles-antibuque-asesinos-entre-las-olas-parte-2_gqsxm

View attachment 577672

View attachment 577677

View attachment 577673

View attachment 577675

Translation of article, from Spanish to English.

Gabriel III A/S anti-ship missile (Gabriel Mk III variant)

The Gabriel III is a 36km range short range subsonic anti-ship missile. Part of the Gabriel series of missiles developed by Israeli Aircraft Industries (Series of missiles based on the old RAFAEL Luz (or Lutz)). The Gabriel III A/S is an advanced branch of the original system. The original Gabriel Mk I was a small missile designed to engage enemy ships at wave level, making its focus extremely difficult to detect. This more recent air-launched Gabriel III A/S version is larger with a range of 60 km, and carries a high-explosive warhead weighing 150 kg. The guidance system allows you to fly so low that it must be pre-adjusted according to the current size of the waves.

In October 1967 Israel is tormented by the loss of the Israeli destroyer "Eilat" sunk by Russian anti-ship missiles the Styx fired from small Komar patrol boats, in response to this the Israelis launched a program to make their own anti-ship missile. Gabriel I first “wave rosator” missile on Saar 3 corvettes (built in Cherbourg CMN) and was successfully used in October 1973, against Syrian and Egyptian forces (several merchant ships were affected). A transhorizon version Gabriel II or Skorpioen, entered service in 1976. Other Gabriel MK III and IV versions also exist. The race starts with a missile mounted around 35 m to cruise between 17 and 20 meters above the water. The terminal phase that is between 2.5 and 6 m.

Original Gabriel Mk III anti-ship missile

In the early 1980s, two new versions of the Gabriel Mk III were developed, reconfiguring them to be airdropped. The curious thing is that the same missile was designed to operate from platforms as dissimilar in age and capabilities as the Phantom, the Skyhawk, the Fighting Falcon and the Kfir, all of them operational aircraft in the Israeli Air Force at that time. The basic version of the Gabriel Mk III A/S has a range of 40 km; however the A/S ER version has a longer engine that allows a trans-horizon range of 60 km and a much higher speed, beyond the sound barrier. Both have the same capabilities as the Gabriel Mk III in terms of guidance and launch, and only differ in this aspect. This version is easy to identify visually as they are less clunky in appearance, with reduced trapezoidal fins instead of the rectangular ones needed to facilitate underwing aircraft loading.

Gabriel Mk III A/S anti-ship missile being conditioned by project engineers.

Finally, towards the mid-1990s, the Gabriel Mk IV was developed, a much more powerful version of the previous models. Very similar to the Mk III, it is somewhat larger and more powerful, having a much larger warhead and an engine that allows for amazing range. This version weighs 960 kg, with 240 belonging to the semi-perforating fragmentation type warhead, with impact and proximity fuze. The estimated range is up to 200 km. The Gabriel Mk IV is easily identifiable because, although it is identical to the Mk III, its fins are not trapezoidal but are of the swept-back type, with the tips cut off. The guidance system is the same as the Gabriel Mk III. Info From: Gabriel anti-ship missile

General Characteristics of the Mk III, Mk III A/S:

Type: Anti-ship missile

Weight: Mark III 560 kg, Mark III A/S, 590 kg

Length: Mark III 3.75 m, Mark III A/S 3.78 m

Diameter: 330mm

Combat head: 150Kg

Operational Range: Mark III: 36 km, Mark III A/S: 60 km

Guidance System: Mark III, III A/S: active radar, optical tracking, or external radar
Thanks. That first picture is the cover art for the Launch Pad kit, also. I've found it a couple times on the web, and it never has any attribution. So I'm always hesitant to trust it.

Very strange, when I look at your post, there are only two pictures. But when I reply, the quoted message has four pictures. The one mounted to the plane in color is very helpful.

EDIT: A few minutes later and now all four pictures are there. Weird.

So.... you quoted me.... but you were referencing Dave.

Alrighty then...

Ez2cDave

Well now that you are asking for ideas for rocket types :D
Any data on the early Black Brants ?
Black Brant 1 ( propellant test vehicle ) = Black Brant 1 PTV
Black Brant II especially the 4 fin version

You might have some data I don't have

Great work on the data searches !

Bobby

Back