Local Yokels

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skaffgeorge2

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm coming to you from Northeastern Pennsylvania, specifically the Scranton / Wilkes -Barre area in the northern tier of the Wyoming Valley.I was just wondering, how many folks from Pa.do we have on here?.I've gotten in touch with a few from my area but I'm looking to correspond with more, mostly from the Eastern part of the state.Looking to find suitable flying space within a relatively short distance from me.I'm aware of clubs in the Philadelphia and Lancaster areas but considering that I don't drive it's difficult for me to get around.I was wondering if anyone from my area should have any suggestions.There's so much development going on here all the available land is being sucked up by warehouses and distribution centers so we're left with nothing..Took a trip up to URRF in Potter, New York two weeks ago and it was amazing,fantastic field, a couple of square miles of recovery room.Just a terrific event.

Contact the NAR and get a listing of all members in your area ?
I did that, they put me in touch with someone who's close to me as well as one who's about a forty minute drive away.I'm looking to correspond with more around me to find a new flying site here.

Hi everyone, I'm coming to you from Northeastern Pennsylvania, specifically the Scranton / Wilkes -Barre area in the northern tier of the Wyoming Valley.I was just wondering, how many folks from Pa.do we have on here?.I've gotten in touch with a few from my area but I'm looking to correspond with more, mostly from the Eastern part of the state.Looking to find suitable flying space within a relatively short distance from me.I'm aware of clubs in the Philadelphia and Lancaster areas but considering that I don't drive it's difficult for me to get around.I was wondering if anyone from my area should have any suggestions.There's so much development going on here all the available land is being sucked up by warehouses and distribution centers so we're left with nothing..Took a trip up to URRF in Potter, New York two weeks ago and it was amazing,fantastic field, a couple of square miles of recovery room.Just a terrific event.
Hey Hobie1Dog, thanks for the like.This is a helluva place to try and fly rockets in.Couple of zillion trees, hills and no open land.Been kinda isolated up here for a while, only recently hooked up with a few others here, but there aren't very many.Back in the late 60's to mid 70's there were quite a few here, but that's changed since.I know of only three active NAR members in my area now.My flights up at Torrey Farms in New York were my first in about 45 years.So it's been a long time coming.What's your situation like down in NC?

I think your main problem is that you live on the wrong side of the state🤔

Y
I think your main problem is that you live on the wrong side of the state🤔
Ya think??Seem like you're a bit familiar with this area.It's pure madness.All hills, you can't take a step with bumping into a tree, and swirling winds, sometimes you can't tell whether to launch or not.I've done pretty well here but things can get hairy sometimes.Have to go out of state anymore.

Y

Ya think??Seem like you're a bit familiar with this area.It's pure madness.All hills, you can't take a step with bumping into a tree, and swirling winds, sometimes you can't tell whether to launch or not.I've done pretty well here but things can get hairy sometimes.Have to go out of state anymore.
I'm outside Pittsburgh and have a choice of an NAR club and a Tripoli club. Each about an hour away. We often have Dragon Rocketry and Performance Hobbies in attendance. Each field has some limitations but even L and M launches have been successful, and of course there's always the weather to contend with.

Well that's Pennsylvania for ya.You always have to contend with the weather.If you're not suffocating in the humidity you're drowning in the rain.At least that's how it is here.Wouldn't be so bad without all that stickiness.

Back