LOC BIG NUKE 3E BUILD

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Big Nuke weighs 10 pounds 5 oz without motor. I never added nose weight to either Big Nuke. I flew my Big Nuke on a J500G to 1704 ft. I would love to fly the K805G. You want a cool flight? Put a J595BS in it. Mine went to 2480 ft. My Big Nuke 3E weighs 28 pounds fully loaded on the pad with the M1500G (15 pounds empty).

My Big Nuke weighs 10 pounds 5 oz without motor. I never added nose weight to either Big Nuke. I flew my Big Nuke on a J500G to 1704 ft. I would love to fly the K805G. You want a cool flight? Put a J595BS in it. Mine went to 2480 ft. My Big Nuke 3E weighs 28 pounds fully loaded on the pad with the M1500G (15 pounds empty).

Do tell, how did the Nuke do on the M1500G? I love the Big Nuke 3E design.

I got mine stuck in a tree with an unexpected deployment at Apogee but the M1500 was great. I used the Giant Leap sock to reinforce mine so it weighed 16lbs once completed. Photo courtesy of Nick DeBrita.
image.jpg

My Big Nuke 3E went to 8827 feet on the M1500G for my L3 cert flight. Last year, it went to 8962 feet on the same motor. Both were exciting flights.

It's out of the tree now and AMW ProX has been nice enough to bring her north for me

I got mine stuck in a tree with an unexpected deployment at Apogee but the M1500 was great. I used the Giant Leap sock to reinforce mine so it weighed 16lbs once completed. Photo courtesy of Nick DeBrita.
View attachment 129895

What did you get on the M1500G? Mine is only 1 pound lighter than yours empty.

Geez, mine is a whopping 15 lbs, 11 oz. I'll have to order a new nose cone one of these days, that will remove almost a pounds that I had added (which turns out to have not been necessary). I would have had a mile for sure on that K700W without that.

The 1/2" Kevlar shock cords added a lot of weight.......they are actually pretty heavy compared to nylon. Oh well...... she is a well built beast!

Here is a link to the video from yesterday's launch. I used an Aerotech K805G to send up my Big Nuke on its 4th flight. Total success and a VERY short walk after the 3336 ft high flight.

[video=youtube_share;wrlhqw_oN7I]https://youtu.be/wrlhqw_oN7I[/video]

Great flight! I put mine up on its first Smokey Sam in June. The J400 put it to a little over 1500. Landed further than I wanted due to the main deploying what seemed like 15 seconds after the apogee charge. Next flight will be in September on a J500G.

Back