Lexxjet

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The red,black,white,and gray is paint.....the orange and yellow is monocote! I got tired of masking!😬
I cant blame you. I would too! Did you paint the underside of the main wing yellow? Its one of my favorite kits and you did a nice job on it. They had an article on Apogee's website on using the monokote just for this kit. Quick question? How did the nose cones fit? Were they loose? I spoke with TVM and said on the new Dynastar kits they corrected the problem of loose fitting nose cones. I swear you would need to use 4 wraps of tape just to get them to fit right.

Thank you everyone for the replies! No I didn't paint the underside...that is a thought since it is just plain white. Maybe sometime later do something red or like the elevator? The nose cone fits tight with a single thin layer of blue painter tape. My Snarky and Orion earlier kits were REALLY loose!

Thank you everyone for the replies! No I didn't paint the underside...that is a thought since it is just plain white. Maybe sometime later do something red or like the elevator? The nose cone fits tight with a single thin layer of blue painter tape. My Snarky and Orion earlier kits were REALLY loose!
Did you buy it at Apogee or another online store?

Back