Level 1 NAR Motor Acquired!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jweger77

Reaction score
Made the trip to Bong this morning and got my H motor for my cert flight in a couple of weeks. Brought my MDRM up with me, but the 3 seasons alternating every 15 mins led me to leave the rocket in the car. I did see the inside of Wildman's trailer for the first time. I'm VERY glad I left my cards in the car! Wow, the toys in there!

IMG_20230422_150518974.jpg

Made the trip to Bong this morning and got my H motor for my cert flight in a couple of weeks. Brought my MDRM up with me, but the 3 seasons alternating every 15 mins led me to leave the rocket in the car. I did see the inside of Wildman's trailer for the first time. I'm VERY glad I left my cards in the car! Wow, the toys in there!

View attachment 576621
Did you get the delay drilling tool? Honestly, I've never used a DMS motor as I bought cases before they were common, so I don't know if it requires a different delay tool or not.

Good luck on your upcoming cert!

Sandy.

Did you get the delay drilling tool? Honestly, I've never used a DMS motor as I bought cases before they were common, so I don't know if it requires a different delay tool or not.

Good luck on your upcoming cert!

Sandy.
Hey Sandy! Thank you! Don't have the delay tool yet, but I'll most likely draw one up a and 3d print one, though I'm sure there's models out there for them already. Yeah, 14s is a little long on the delay for sure. Ha ha.

Don't forget to insert the washer before installing the ejection charge. Common mistake which can result in no deployment.

Hey Sandy! Thank you! Don't have the delay tool yet, but I'll most likely draw one up a and 3d print one, though I'm sure there's models out there for them already. Yeah, 14s is a little long on the delay for sure. Ha ha.
I’ve never bothered with the tool - 3/16” drill bit, a machinist ruler and a wrap of masking tape has worked fine for me - 1/32”=1 second if you want to get as close to optimum rather than the 1/16”=2 seconds that the tool is set to.

But having the tool would definitely be easier - I should probably just look for a .stl file, stop at our library’s maker space and print one too 😉

Back