Launch pads that I have built

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KDRaven

Reaction score
These are the launch pads that I built for the KOSMO rocket club.
4 LPR pads, 1 MPR pad, and 1 HPR pad. Legs have about a 2" span.
The LPR pads are made out of 1" and 3/4" steel tubbing and have folding legs and a windage adjustable riser.
The MPR pad is made with 1 1/4" and 1" tubbing and has folding legs, screw windage adjustable riser with tilt for loading. Legs have a 4" span.
The HPR pad is made with 1 1/2 and 1 1/4 tubbing has removable legs, screw windage adjustment with tilt for loading, legs has a 6' span. It is on wood legs in the photo, the legs look like the ones on the MPR pad but larger.
The rocket shown on the HPR pad is 4" dia, 42" tall 3lbs.
All pads have screw in rod holders under the blast deflectors.

LPR.jpg

MPR.jpg

MPR 1.jpg

MPR 2.jpg

MPR 3.jpg

Nice pads KDRaven, how much does your HPR pad weigh?

Johnnie

Nice looking pads! One of these days I will get around to making my own..Am tired of hunching over and getting on my hands and knees to hook up the ignitor leads!:rotflol:

Nice looking pads! One of these days I will get around to making my own..Am tired of hunching over and getting on my hands and knees to hook up the ignitor leads!:rotflol:

If you're flying mainly model rockets, a budget priced camera tripod works wonders in that regard. My pad consists of a 1 x 2 wood brace with a blind nut in its base. I screw it onto the tripod head, add my launch pivot and am ready to fly. Sure beats crawling around on the ground.

Latest posts

Back