Launch Equipment At URRG Launches

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codysmith

Reaction score
I know there is currently some internal issues with URRG, but I would assume normal launches will continue. The website seems to be missing a lot of the information it normally has. Not being a member of URRG, I am not aware of what is at a normal launch in respect to launch pads. The OCF group is planning on making their second attempt at a flight at the August launch. Is the hydraulic tower normally at the launches? If not, who can I contact to arrange one to be there?
Thanks in advance

I think you might have some chance of an answer if you posted the question at URRG's message board. Not that there's a lot of activity there, but then you're at least directly asking the club...

Wow. 11 hours and change later and getting testy? We're launching this weekend. Normal flight operations are still continuing. We have two towers. I'll talk to Larry about having one in august.

edit: I've posted the request to the URRG facebook group.

Last edited:
The club tower is reportably at the field. You wouldn't need the larger blue tower that was at LDRS would you?

I didn't see this post until Dave posted it on the URRG FB page... typical procedure for a BFR at a regular club launch is to let the club know in advance of the launch so the tower can be brought out if needed. it isn't always at the field. who should you let know? that's a good question, this apparently worked but we should have a contact on the website for things like this. they are working on getting the site back up and running. BTW I'm looking forward to seeing this rocket go up. I saw parts of it go up a little at LDRS:wink:

I didn't see this post until Dave posted it on the URRG FB page... typical procedure for a BFR at a regular club launch is to let the club know in advance of the launch so the tower can be brought out if needed. it isn't always at the field. who should you let know? that's a good question, this apparently worked but we should have a contact on the website for things like this. they are working on getting the site back up and running. BTW I'm looking forward to seeing this rocket go up. I saw parts of it go up a little at LDRS:wink:
We would rather not call that a flight :p

At this point in time, we as a group are not sure where we will launch. I have been talking with Tom from MARS and we may fly at that field but it has not been decided yet. The final decision will be made in the next few days so we can let the clubs know well in advance.

I'm excited to see (videos of) this go up! It sucked what happened at LDRS, really a terrible series of events. Awesome rocket, looking forward to an awesome flight and report!

Nate

It really was and the chances of it happening even once was really slim but twice..... It was not fun.

Anyways, we figured out the problem, we are fixing the rocket, and we will try again :)

Riley, although the URRG webpage has been down, the URRG forum has never gone down. I check into that daily, along with the FB page.
Access to the URRG FB page is limited to club members per our BOD until the issues have been resolved (at the membership meeting Saturday morning after setup, but before launch activities start).

Well, we've got one, and if you need bigger we can talk to Paul and see if we can get his out there. :)

Back