Latest scratch.....ZombEYE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chud

Reaction score
ZombEYE1.jpgZombEYE2.jpg

Introducing the ZombEYE. This is my "camera" rocket. The first camera (horizon view) is mounted inside the upper portion of the body tube. The camera eye is actually in the center circle of the large bio hazard symbol. The second camera is on the opposite side
of the body tube....a bit lower, mounted on the outside just under the "wind fin" and has a downward view. With camera #1 on and ready to record, you can see the red and blue lights flashing...thought it was pretty cool. Also...this rocket is the first time I have used an airbrush for certain parts of painting...which I really like. This rocket will eventually fly with a G 80-7 motor. Pics and video of launch to follow soon. Wanted to share!

very nice job!
can we have a closer look at the internal camera mount? i'm planning to do some video stuff soon

Like the green and black..and the bio hazard symbol. COOL! Nice job!

Thanks all!....I will post some pics when I get home of the internal camera and how it is mounted.
Rock-et on!

Ok....tubes.jpgzcamz.jpgcocoontop.jpgcontour.jpg

Old thread on inside cam https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?45173-My-camera-cocoon&highlight=cocoon

For the inside camera I wanted to use a coupler type system for a horizon view recording. Made a coupler, and a "camera cocoon" as I like to call it. To prevent snagging and issues with the ejection charge...I contoured the bottom of the cam housing. I used some foam and packed around the camera to keep it from moving...it is pretty tight. The coupler slides in and the camera eye is "hidden" in the circle of the symbol.
The outside camera...I epoxied a rail button screw housing on the inside of the body tube. Bored out the keychain cam hole (reinforced the top of hole with cardboard and epoxy) and it is held securely in place with the rail button screw. I thought the "wind fin" above the camera would help more than hurt if anything at all. It will still be a couple of weeks until I get to launch this experiment...but it should be exciting!

Last edited:
intcam.jpgincamin.jpgzombEYE.jpg

Coupler with camera

Last edited:
extcam.jpgextmnt2.jpgextmnt.jpgzlt.jpg

The external camera and mount...and lights showing the inside camera is ready to record!

Last edited:
Not only does it look GREAT--,But I'm learning something---well planned and well done !! Nice work!!

I imagined a giant eyeball oddroc when I saw the thread title...

Back