L900 Drag race RAVEN (user) failure

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mannyskid

Reaction score
Okay, I just got back to Chicago from LDRS 31 so I have a chance to get on here and ask for your opinion as to what happened. My rocket that I flew in the Dark Matter drag race was an Extreme Darkstar that (Tim Lehr flew for me) on an M1770 skidmark. But there was no apogee deploy, my rocket was coming in ballistic until the main popped at 1000', that huge G spike somehow set off the apogee charges as well, the combined effect of the charges and the rocket turning around and spilling the booster snapped the cord on the BOOSTER, but not the parachute tube cord. The carbon upper section is zippered about 3". From looking at this data, it shows that the rocket increased in altitude for about 1 second at liftoff, then went -2000 feet, then proceded to go back up to 13,000', this phenomena also occurs when the main parachute came out. I belive that I programed the Ravens wrong somehow as both did the exact same thing. Both were set to fire apogee charges after burnout of motor #0. Could this have led to this strange occurance??? The Raven file is attached, help me out here.

Manny

View attachment Darkstar M.FIPa

Can you post a snapshot of the Raven program table? (if they weren't destroyed)

I don't have them. I re-programed them and flew them in Carbon Nightmare 2.5 the next day, Carbon Nightmare did fly successfully with the re-programed Ravens. The rocket is sitting in a farmer's living room waiting to be picked up.

Back