L3 Build: LOC 5.5" Sandhawk

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It started out as the stock 5.5" LOC kit, and is 10.2ft tall. Im not sure when I will fly it again, maybe sometime next year at this point in time. The largest motor I can put in it at the moment is the offerings in the 75/6400 case range, as that is the largest case I own. I might try and put it up on a M1315, or get a DMS M1350. I would love to fly it on a L1040DM, but since AT discontinued that motor, I am not too sure if I could find one when I will be ready to fly it again.
While I *comprehend* what you said for the most part, please understand that my experience level currently extends to 24mm E-12s. 🤣
I have two Saturn V rockets plus a Leviathan in various stages of construction, all of whom were built around 29mm mounts, and I have larger E and F motors for those three rockets, but as of this moment I'm still very firmly in the low-power kiddie pool. By next summer? That's likely to change a little. I've been a modeler all my life so I'm not stymied by the construction of midpower and smaller HP rockets, but the electronics is a different matter entirely. I'm very much enjoying the learning process.

Back