L3 attempt: "Let's Try This Again"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you planning on being at Airfest this year?
Most likely not...a victim of the 2020 COVID event rescheduling. A good friend of ours rescheduled their wedding to Labor Day weekend, 2021...DOH! Otherwise, you know I'd be there. Will be watching from a distance! ;)

Most likely not...a victim of the 2020 COVID event rescheduling. A good friend of ours rescheduled their wedding to Labor Day weekend, 2021...DOH! Otherwise, you know I'd be there. Will be watching from a distance! ;)

Too bad you won;t be there, but that is a very understandable reason.

I'd like to be at Airfest this year, but my brother is getting married in Colorado Springs just two weeks prior and we won't be back home til about a week before Airfest. I'm not sure I want to drive halfway back to Colorado just a week later yet.. LOL. But if I make it, I want to see this thing GO!

Since you bumped this thread, I went and read the whole build. What happened in the three year gap? Did it fly? L3 attained?

No, never flew. Just ran out of steam and shifted away from the real high performance stuff. To be honest, I think the original L3 failure took more of the wind out my sails than I realized at the time. The L3 process started to feel like work, and I just wasn't having fun with it. This isn't a criticism of my first L3 attempt or the process in general, just my perspective in hindsight.

No, never flew. Just ran out of steam and shifted away from the real high performance stuff. To be honest, I think the original L3 failure took more of the wind out my sails than I realized at the time. The L3 process started to feel like work, and I just wasn't having fun with it. This isn't a criticism of my first L3 attempt or the process in general, just my perspective in hindsight.
I hear you with the L3 process feeling like work. I really want to build my L3 project, but I have enough reports to write during the week.

I hear you with the L3 process feeling like work. I really want to build my L3 project, but I have enough reports to write during the week.
Talk to your TAPs/L3CCs...doesn't necessarily need to be anything big.

Back