Kudos to Red Arrow and other Midwest vendors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markjos

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Recently our University of Illinois NASA Student Launch (USLI) team ordered their competition motor from Red Arrow Hobbies. A combination of poor planning on our part, and University purchasing system red tape, caused this order to be placed pretty late to expect arrival in time to travel to Salt Lake City for the event. I asked the student leaders to double check with Dave to make sure we'd have the motor in time, and he promised that we would. A couple of days before heading west, I got a message saying that the motor had arrived on campus, and I could pick it up. Whew! Cross that off my list of worries.

What I didn't know then was that staff from Red Arrow had personally *driven* the motor to us in Champaign from southern Michigan (3+ hours away), because they knew how important it was for us to get that reload in time. We could never have asked for better service, and folks here need to know that. Thanks!

In several years of advising and mentoring student rocketry groups and activities on campus, I have always provided a list of regional vendors for them to check out. Wildman, Balsa Machining, Red Arrow, Sirius, and others have all provided great service - every time. I suspect if you ask, they will tell you that business with student groups and university purchasing procedures often takes a bit more effort - we're the problem children in the hobby, so to speak. They always come through, and we appreciate that they go the extra mile for us.

Mark

Glad to hear all went well with your order and launch.

What I didn't know then was that staff from Red Arrow had personally *driven* the motor to us in Champaign from southern Michigan (3+ hours away), because they knew how important it was for us to get that reload in time. We could never have asked for better service, and folks here need to know that. Thanks!Mark

That's a great story Mark, i'm glad everything worked out for you and, your team!:D I can't tell you how much we appreciate Dave coming to our big event here in Indiana every year...Obviously we invite *several* dealers and, try not to place a limit on the availability of products our flyers may need across all avenues...It's hearing stories like this that make me proud too know/have these awesome people around us, anytime!

Dave...Thanks for coming through for my old friend Mark and, his crew!:eek:

Wow is that nice to hear...
That was indeed a great story,,
Thank you for posting that
it was really nice to read.....

Teddy

We all really need to help keep the motor vendors in business. Its great we have a large amount of kit vendors but if we have a hard time getting motors it will not be good. Its kind of like gun sales, we can buy all the guns we what but with out the bullets what good is the gun. Here in WI its very hard to buy 22 long rifle bullets. The stores just don't have them in stock.

Back