Kinda Cool

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aksrockets

Now with 8% more aluminum
Reaction score
Ive been doing this for a while, and its pretty fun and safe. HERE IS THE VIDEO
The engines do produce small amounts of thrust. The little amount of thrust is no where close to even an "A" motor but they still are fun to mess around with.
I have yet to get burned from the 50+ static tests Ive done and the propellant burns to fast to catch anything on fire.

While it cant produce the thrust to even lift itself, it is still pretty fun and cheap.

Wow, that's pretty interesting. It kinda reminds me of a pulse-jet jam jar...(youtube it).. very interesting to watch. :eyepop::pc:

yeah, thats kinda what I based it on.
Dont think my parents would let me buy the "rocket fuel" for them though.

yeah, thats kinda what I based it on.
Dont think my parents would let me buy the "rocket fuel" for them though.

I don't think the ram-jet jam jars (try saying that fast... :wink:) need any special fuel... I think it is only alcohol mixed with some germ-X stuff.
All the jam jar is is a jar that the inside is coated in the alcohol mixture, with a small hole in the lid, light the flammable fumes coming out of the hole and it works. It is kinda dangerous though... it might get soo hot it cracks/explodes...:y:

This looks similar to "whoosh bottle" demos I've seen elsewhere on youtube. Probably no appreciable thrust, but cool none the less.

[YOUTUBE]-DjCum6yu8M[/YOUTUBE]

Latest posts

Back