Keychain camera in ebay

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atlasboy

Reaction score
I'd like to put a keychain camera in my ebay for my L2 dual deploy.

Two questions. I'd need one with the lens on the side (the flat/larger surface). Suggestions for one with 1080p/30fps with this?

Second, will this even work? I'm wondering if the drilled hole in the ebay will permit full coverage of the field of view without vignetting? Thoughts?

Thanks.

You're better off mounting an end-looking keychain camera on your sled, and having the end against a hole. That would get the lens closer to the hole and reduce vignetting.

I'd like to put a keychain camera in my ebay for my L2 dual deploy.

Two questions. I'd need one with the lens on the side (the flat/larger surface). Suggestions for one with 1080p/30fps with this?

Second, will this even work? I'm wondering if the drilled hole in the ebay will permit full coverage of the field of view without vignetting? Thoughts?

Thanks.

I disassembled the keychain cam and built a dedicated camera rocket in this thread:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?25267-Dedicated-Camera-Rocket

but there's no reason why you couldn't do something similar in an ebay. This way only the lens protrudes and you can point it where you want- when you strap it to the side of the rocket, the rocket body takes up a lot of the frame, I wanted to minimize that while still looking to the rear.

Back