Joined SPAAR in PA, anybody a member!?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

86mustang408w

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I joined the club a few days ago, does anyone have info on the July 29th launch or are there any members in here? Or where's a better place to post this?? Thank you..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230619-135740_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230619-135740_Chrome.jpg
    651.6 KB · Views: 1
I have been a member since 2017 although I haven't attended any of their launches yet this year.
They are a friendly group of people! Nice fields for low power. Their best field is the one at Halifax.
Unfortunately they don't fly high power any more. Maximum is G80.

I'm a member since 2019 or so. What would you like to know?

I joined the club a few days ago, does anyone have info on the July 29th launch or are there any members in here? Or where's a better place to post this?? Thank you..
I'm in the Wilkes-Barre /Scranton area and I've been thinking about joining but seeing as how I don't drive it would be difficult from me to get there.

I'm a member since 2019 or so. What would you like to know?
My now deceased brother used to live in Lititz,how far is the field from there?I live in the Wilkes-Barre Scranton area and since I don't drive it might be difficult for me to get there.Do you know of any members who come down there from here on a regular basis?

I'm in the Wilkes-Barre /Scranton area and I've been thinking about joining but seeing as how I don't drive it would be difficult from me to get there.
Yeah I'm in Bloomsburg, it would be a drive me for me to come get you, lol. If you were a little closer to the route I'd stop and pick you up and go down. But your about an hour or so from me. I'm looking a URRG in NY, lrob going to do my L1 H motor flight with the. Next spring..giving myself tons of time, but excited about this build.
I have been a member since 2017 although I haven't attended any of their launches yet this year.
They are a friendly group of people! Nice fields for low power. Their best field is the one at Halifax.
Unfortunately they don't fly high power any more. Maximum is G80.
Ok, well that will get my foot in the door and ill go from there. But as of now I'm awning on the July 29th launch thier at Halifax. I just didn't see alot of info from them, and joined their Facebook page bit haven't been excepted yet. I just want a welcome, lol. Maybe they will send me Info in the mail!?

I was a member in the mid 90's, and then I rejoined a couple years ago. :) Currently the Halifax location is their best field but as mentioned the largest motor that can be used is a G80 and rocket has to weigh below a certain weight.

You are very close to me. Maybe we could launch some rockets at the school I work at, which I often do :D

Yeah, I hope the weather will be good for Halifax. Looks like the weather this Sat for Zell Farm is not going work out and I was tempted to make the trip.

My now deceased brother used to live in Lititz,how far is the field from there?I live in the Wilkes-Barre Scranton area and since I don't drive it might be difficult for me to get there.Do you know of any members who come down there from here on a regular basis?

The Manor middle school launch site is about a half hour from Lititz. Located at 2950 Charlestown Rd, Lancaster, PA 17603.

The Zell Farm is about 35 minutes away, at 3371 Mill Road, Elizabethtown, PA 17022.

The Halifax launch site is about an hour and 10 mins, located at 570 N. 2nd Street, Halifax PA17032. Best of the 3 fields, in my opinion.

Can't help with where members live, and if any are near you, as that info isn't on the website.

The President of the club is having some health issues, so that could explain the delay in getting back to you.

The Manor middle school launch site is about a half hour from Lititz. Located at 2950 Charlestown Rd, Lancaster, PA 17603.

The Zell Farm is about 35 minutes away, at 3371 Mill Road, Elizabethtown, PA 17022.

The Halifax launch site is about an hour and 10 mins, located at 570 N. 2nd Street, Halifax PA17032. Best of the 3 fields, in my opinion.

Can't help with where members live, and if any are near you, as that info isn't on the website.

The President of the club is having some health issues, so that could explain the delay in getting back to you.
Thank you very much Bill, that's very helpful indeed.Seeing as how my brother passed on late last year I haven't had the opportunity to get down there since then.Lititz is my favorite place in this part of the state,my sister in law is still there so it probably wouldn't be hard to find.I'm going to contact them to see if they can tell me about members who might be from my general area.This would work out well for me since I'm strictly a low power flyer.

I was a member in the mid 90's, and then I rejoined a couple years ago. :) Currently the Halifax location is their best field but as mentioned the largest motor that can be used is a G80 and rocket has to weigh below a certain weight.

You are very close to me. Maybe we could launch some rockets at the school I work at, which I often do :D
Where exactly are you located?It would be great to have a place in state to fly in instead of going up to New York all the time.The field for URRG is terrific but the ride is a bit long for me.Would be much easier on the wallet as well.

I talked to the club President today on the phone, he was nice enough to call me. I was concerned because I I thought maybe I joined a club that wasn't flying for certain reasons this year.

Where exactly are you located?It would be great to have a place in state to fly in instead of going up to New York all the time.The field for URRG is terrific but the ride is a bit long for me.Would be much easier on the wallet as well.
I'm in Bloomsburg. I'm going to end up joining URRG up in NY for my L1 flight. but gonna go have fun with these guys.

Back