Jet-Puffed: a cardstock wrapped recycle bin rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I usually just fold over like a tea-bag of cardstock, a couple of layers thick, similar to how you might attach a shock cord in a kit, and place that on the cord near the lip of the body tube for a little anti-zip insurance. Maybe trim off the sharp corners so it doesn't get stuck on the cord itself as much during ejection.
And now im gonna get busted cause i brought back another thread, just read about all that, Great!!

And now im gonna get busted cause i brought back another thread, just read about all that, Great!!
No problem, I like hearing when folks discover these old builds, feel free to build your own and post a picture of it here! Print the paper wrap posted earlier in the thread and raid your recycle bin for a body tube. :)

No problem, I like hearing when folks discover these old builds, feel free to build your own and post a picture of it here! Print the paper wrap posted earlier in the thread and raid your recycle bin for a body tube. :)
Yeah but something is "NECRO"? was it? Idk...Ill have to save more wrappers! I saw it on YouTube an it led me here, lol. So once again I just did go back 10 years and pick a random thread to come alive, I guess next time just PM the person. But I hate doing that some people don't like that. ME, I don't mind and its easier than playing tag on YouTube.

Yeah but something is "NECRO"? was it? Idk...Ill have to save more wrappers! I saw it on YouTube an it led me here, lol. So once again I just did go back 10 years and pick a random thread to come alive, I guess next time just PM the person. But I hate doing that some people don't like that. ME, I don't mind and its easier than playing tag on YouTube.
Naah, don't pm them, post away. I'd have never seen this thread if you did that. @GlenP 's work here is a thing to behold.

Naah, don't pm them, post away. I'd have never seen this thread if you did that. @GlenP 's work here is a thing to behold.
I'll be more careful, I searched for some and google brought these up. But I'm aware of the rules now, and Ill try not to rattle any cages...But love your ideas! I used to make chutes out of store bags and such as a kid, but had to take a 10 year break or so back in 2013/14. So this is like everything I've ever wanted, is here now. I love my JL chute release I just got, and I really want an Altimeter 3, but they seem to be not in production right now...Someone told me they used Apple air tags in their rocket, and they found it with that. And I was concerned because SOME others said they only work within a 30 foot radius, but don't know if that's true. I need to investigate that. I'm looking at Eggfinder minis, and FlightSketch stuff this guy "Kevin", has a YouTube channel. But anyways, that you for being kind. Means the world to me! :)

I'll be more careful, I searched for some and google brought these up. But I'm aware of the rules now, and Ill try not to rattle any cages...But love your ideas! I used to make chutes out of store bags and such as a kid, but had to take a 10 year break or so back in 2013/14. So this is like everything I've ever wanted, is here now. I love my JL chute release I just got, and I really want an Altimeter 3, but they seem to be not in production right now...Someone told me they used Apple air tags in their rocket, and they found it with that. And I was concerned because SOME others said they only work within a 30 foot radius, but don't know if that's true. I need to investigate that. I'm looking at Eggfinder minis, and FlightSketch stuff this guy "Kevin", has a YouTube channel. But anyways, that you for being kind. Means the world to me! :)
Not sure what "rule" you are referring too where you're not "allowed" to post on an old thread. Pretty sure there isn't one.

Nonetheless... rock on.

True re-viving this thread was pure gold as I'm more excited seeing this build than most others.
This build got me excited to build a low power rocket, something that doesn't usually happen to me any longer.

Not sure what "rule" you are referring too where you're not "allowed" to post on an old thread. Pretty sure there isn't one.

Nonetheless... rock on.
No, it was a bad day for me and someone posted something about it, then "K'Tesh" said it stirred something up "NECRO"?? on one of his Openrocket files on a Partizon like I have. But ai dealt with thiss I dont want to bring it over here really as a main discussion out of respect for the O.P.??..I don't know, long story short. I,m 40, been building since 1990. Took an unwanted break in 2013, bought a lot of stuff. back into it now, and between just OpenRocket and My JL chute release I'm in heaven. Got to the SPAAR Saturday, got my modded Big Daddy up, found out a spacer was stuck in it so I an run E's. Put a 29mm motor retainer on my Quest Big Dog and used a 29-24mm retainer to send that up on a 2012 bought E9-4, it was before they had the CATO issues, they were from 2010 or so, I hope I'm not wrong about that!! And then got my Leviathan on a Aerotech F42-4T Blue Thunder motor, weeeeeeeee!!!! I have videos on my Youtube channel. So, I'm having a lot of fun. Just bought a 1010 rail and have a base to test out my Leviathan size and smaller round here. I have another one and vase but its all buried in storage. All my builds now even down to the 29mm Big Daddy I have can use that. Just got areplacement part for my Aerotech Interlock Launch Controller, for free....Very happy right now.

And going for my L1, and just got 1/4" plywood fins and 38mm centering rings from RocketryWorks for my MDRM @ URRG next year. But not with that, I have a few lined up for that Cert flight..I WILL get it, safely. And joined the NAR, finally after 33 years.

No, it was a bad day for me and someone posted something about it, then "K'Tesh" said it stirred something up "NECRO"?? on one of his Openrocket files on a Partizon like I have.
Pointing out a thread necro usually is for one of a few reasons:
1) Poster answered a question from years ago that was certainly already resolved (years ago)
2) Poster asked a question of the OP who has long since left the forum
3) Good-natured poking fun at the poster for what was probably a mistake. :)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with necroing a thread if you want to, but it is good to be aware of dates on things you reply to so you can avoid #1 or #2.

No, it was a bad day for me and someone posted something about it, then "K'Tesh" said it stirred something up "NECRO"?? on one of his Openrocket files on a Partizon like I have. But ai dealt with thiss I dont want to bring it over here really as a main discussion out of respect for the O.P.??..I don't know, long story short. I,m 40, been building since 1990. Took an unwanted break in 2013, bought a lot of stuff. back into it now, and between just OpenRocket and My JL chute release I'm in heaven. Got to the SPAAR Saturday, got my modded Big Daddy up, found out a spacer was stuck in it so I an run E's. Put a 29mm motor retainer on my Quest Big Dog and used a 29-24mm retainer to send that up on a 2012 bought E9-4, it was before they had the CATO issues, they were from 2010 or so, I hope I'm not wrong about that!! And then got my Leviathan on a Aerotech F42-4T Blue Thunder motor, weeeeeeeee!!!! I have videos on my Youtube channel. So, I'm having a lot of fun. Just bought a 1010 rail and have a base to test out my Leviathan size and smaller round here. I have another one and vase but its all buried in storage. All my builds now even down to the 29mm Big Daddy I have can use that. Just got areplacement part for my Aerotech Interlock Launch Controller, for free....Very happy right now.

And going for my L1, and just got 1/4" plywood fins and 38mm centering rings from RocketryWorks for my MDRM @ URRG next year. But not with that, I have a few lined up for that Cert flight..I WILL get it, safely. And joined the NAR, finally after 33 years.
No party foul, this is a place for sharing experiences and learning, to add to the safety and fun of the hobby for everyone, no time limit on that. A rare but unfortunate affliction among some “TRF Supporters” may be that they feel the need to become self-appointed, albeit arbitrary, “Moderators.” Luckily we have another useful feature in the forum called “Ignore” and the actual Moderators already do a fine job at keeping the forum mostly harmless.

I don't start many threads, but I personally find the old threads being revisited fun because I've been out of the loop for so long and cool old projects like this are new to me.

No party foul, this is a place for sharing experiences and learning, to add to the safety and fun of the hobby for everyone, no time limit on that. A rare but unfortunate affliction among some “TRF Supporters” may be that they feel the need to become self-appointed, albeit arbitrary, “Moderators.” Luckily we have another useful feature in the forum called “Ignore” and the actual Moderators already do a fine job at keeping the forum mostly harmless.
Ok, got it. I want to be a supporter too as soon as I get back to work. But its tough now after dealing with an injury. And getting back to this has really helped me in many ways, I wasn't in a good spot again back in May, but this just gave me many things to do and its helped me a lot all around. But I see what you mean, thank you.

Last edited:
Pointing out a thread necro usually is for one of a few reasons:
1) Poster answered a question from years ago that was certainly already resolved (years ago)
2) Poster asked a question of the OP who has long since left the forum
3) Good-natured poking fun at the poster for what was probably a mistake. :)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with necroing a thread if you want to, but it is good to be aware of dates on things you reply to so you can avoid #1 or #2.
Ok, it was just a frantic rush. I've been dealing with many things an wa at full go most of the time 20 hours a day. Helping with family, etc..So now that's its slowed down for me, ill have time for more research before questions. Having psychical inquires making this sooo hard, lol. I've been working hard to get these ready for that launch. Only had a few weeks to really do 16 rockets..most have hours into them. Then I was replacing everything, etc...So when I was checking out my Partizon, I found "K'Tesh'"s files on Google and needed quick answers and had other questions and I have one Left from 10 years ago to build yet. Then found how he made one into a 187% upscale Cherokee-E. I want to do that so asked him questions. Then saw the Food wrapper guy on YouTube and realized he was on here so I posted to him..Lol..oops...

I don't start many threads, but I personally find the old threads being revisited fun because I've been out of the loop for so long and cool old projects like this are new to me.
Same. I do it for reference to go back if I build another one like. Or in some cases the builds might last a few weeks or months, so ill keep adding to it slowly. Hey what does Necro mean? Do you know??

Same. I do it for reference to go back if I build another one like. Or in some cases the builds might last a few weeks or months, so ill keep adding to it slowly. Hey what does Necro mean? Do you know??
Necro or zombie thread is one considered to be dead for no other reason then the long ago date of the last post. A necromancer summons the dead or communicates with their spirit.

Nothing at all to do with beating a dead horse! :)

Necro or zombie thread is one considered to be dead for no other reason then the long ago date of the last post. A necromancer summons the dead or communicates with their spirit.

Nothing at all to do with beating a dead horse! :)
Oh, ok. Yeah it was just weird to me. I don't like to irritate people and feel like I really might have p*ssed some guys off, lol. Maybe I'm taking it oddly. I'm searching for answer on Facebook and I'm using to having to tell people, to go away. They butt in when they don't need too. So maybe me responding to that hit the wrong nerve with someone, Idk. Its over. Ill move forward. I got a Crossfire ISX E as well and another Baby Bertha E to build yet, 29mm Big Daddy, finally my 3Demon, and a scratch build thats gonna get a baby H motor for next meet. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Back