Jean Stapleton Passes.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlazarus6660

Reaction score
Jean Stapleton passed this past Friday, May 31st. She was 90. I saw her recently on a Route 66 episode. She was beautiful as a young lady, I almost did not recognized her. R.I.P. Jean and Thank You for your acting career.

I have fond memories of watching All in the Family at my grandparents house. A great show that probably wouldn't make it on a network today. Great actress. And apparently she went to some cool parties too:

image.jpg

An awesome actress, RIP Jean Stapleton and thanks for the memories.

The 'Dingbat' finally stifles.

She was one of the big reasons AITF was such a big hit -- she provided a straight-woman for Archie to bounce a lot of his one-liners off.

Edith was also a kind of 'Forrest Gump' character who seemed simple on the surface but had some real wisdom underneath.

Plus the fact she was fundamentally kind and decent rubbed off on Archie while the character could have developed into a real hateful guy. You figured if somebody sweet like Edith loved Archie that underneath his crusty and often obnoxious character he had to be OK deep down.

Back