Jamie and Peter Clay's Gemeni Joe

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what was the capsule made out of?? It looks too much like a good scale replica of a Gemini capsule to just be cardboard. I'd love to make a capsule capable of holding 12" action figures, as I sold my old Hasbro toy a decade ago, and now ironically, I could use the Mercury Capsule for a project. However, if you guys are fabbing it (and it's not just 3D printing); then I need to know how to make this...

So what was the capsule made out of?? It looks too much like a good scale replica of a Gemini capsule to just be cardboard. I'd love to make a capsule capable of holding 12" action figures, as I sold my old Hasbro toy a decade ago, and now ironically, I could use the Mercury Capsule for a project. However, if you guys are fabbing it (and it's not just 3D printing); then I need to know how to make this...
It was 3D printed. The irony is that Jamie covered it in the direct sun so it doesn't become brittle. It did its job up until the end.

Sorry I missed this earlier. Sorry, it's all 3D printed. Designed in Fusion360 and printed on Prusa and Creality printers.

The original Mercury Joe Project was based off the Hasbro Capsule - check out www.MercuyJoe.com for some of that history.

BTW- if you have the $ - this model is scale (unlike the Hasbro capsule) and amazing!

Note: In this picture is a newer 3D printed Mercury Capsule I may fly next year.
1696874144627.png

Last edited:
Wow, nice report! Glad you will have something fun for next year.

I'm still stuck in the Gumby days. Crayons forever!

Back