Is this model rocket complete? Do I need anything else?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnonymousUser

Reaction score
I have created a model rocket design capable of 2500 ~ 2700 ft, and I am wondering if my model rocket design is missing something. I have:

1. The two engines for the individual stages.
2. The engine blocks.
3. Tube couplers for my staging.
4. Parachute and shock cord.
5. Mass component of 70 grams.
6. Launch lug.
7. centering rings for my engines.
8. the actual tubes and nose cones.

Do I have it all? this area doesn't let me post pictures here, so I just had to list it.

Welcome!

It's very hard to review a design by looking at a list such as what you posted. Do you have an OpenRocket file or something like that?

I was not aware that there was a rule against attachments for new members, but maybe. You may want to try again.

Launch Lug may create a lot of drag. Most people vying for extreme altitude use rail buttons or some other method (towers that go on either side of the fins) to delete the launch lug for a smoother airflow. What motors are being used? Obviously, if this A8-3's you're not getting the apogee you're looking for.

Welcome!

It's very hard to review a design by looking at a list such as what you posted. Do you have an OpenRocket file or something like that?

I was not aware that there was a rule against attachments for new members, but maybe. You may want to try again.
I think it's after 10 posts?​

Launch Lug may create a lot of drag. Most people vying for extreme altitude use rail buttons or some other method (towers that go on either side of the fins) to delete the launch lug for a smoother airflow. What motors are being used? Obviously, if this A8-3's you're not getting the apogee you're looking for.

There's a PoF newsletter where TVM does some CFD work on launch lugs and rail buttons. If I recall correctly, rail buttons are not lower drag than launch lugs. Round cross sections suck for drag.

Welcome to the forum. My advice is to not paint the rocket, launch, recover, then paint. Anything less than 3in diameter will be difficult to see at that apogee. If there's any wind, you've got a long walk ahead of you so bring plenty of water. If your rocket is anything like the So Long, then take caution because the name is well deserved. Good luck!

I believe I am using dual F15's. Thank you for the info

Back